We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 160
how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

To get the main idea of the city and be able to see the main sites.

How many nights you all recommend here? I was thinking about 2 full days?

Or would i be best to stay here longer and do a few day trips while taking this as main base?

thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 81
1. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

If you spend 2 full days at Hiroshima, you can just spend one overnight and visit Miyajima as well.

Hiroshima is often visited as a day trip. Staying longer in a city gives you a better idea of what the city is about and lets you relax into its pace. There is no right or wrong.

Whether you use Hiroshima as a main base depends on what else you want to see in the area.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
2. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

I would spend 1 night in hiroshima and 1 night in Miyajima, it's definitely worth visiting.

reviews: 28
3. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

2 full days would be good.

There are many other interesting places in Western Japan that are overlooked on this forum. For example, Yamaguchi, Shimane & Okayama are nearby, there is so much to see & experience around there.

Here are 3 links

http://www.kankou-shimane.com/en/

www.visit-jy.com/english/download/pamphlet/

http://okayama-japan.jp/en/viewpoint.html

Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 160
4. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Sounds good. So many choices.

Phoenix, Arizona...
5. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Aside from the memorial for the atomic bomb, there really is not much really interesting that I can recall there.

San Francisco...
reviews: 19
6. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Peace Park and its museums should take 1/2 day, but I needed some time afterwards to recover. You can easily spend another 1/2 day walking around the city and visiting its Museum of Contemporary Art. The Prefectural Art Museum and the adjacent Shukkei-en Garden could take another 1/2 day. And Miyajima could take 1/2 to 1 day.

7. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 15, 2013