We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
158 reviews
how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

To get the main idea of the city and be able to see the main sites.

How many nights you all recommend here? I was thinking about 2 full days?

Or would i be best to stay here longer and do a few day trips while taking this as main base?

thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
38,585 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

If you spend 2 full days at Hiroshima, you can just spend one overnight and visit Miyajima as well.

Hiroshima is often visited as a day trip. Staying longer in a city gives you a better idea of what the city is about and lets you relax into its pace. There is no right or wrong.

Whether you use Hiroshima as a main base depends on what else you want to see in the area.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
2. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

I would spend 1 night in hiroshima and 1 night in Miyajima, it's definitely worth visiting.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

2 full days would be good.

There are many other interesting places in Western Japan that are overlooked on this forum. For example, Yamaguchi, Shimane & Okayama are nearby, there is so much to see & experience around there.

Here are 3 links

http://www.kankou-shimane.com/en/

www.visit-jy.com/english/download/pamphlet/

http://okayama-japan.jp/en/viewpoint.html

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Sounds good. So many choices.

Phoenix, Arizona...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Aside from the memorial for the atomic bomb, there really is not much really interesting that I can recall there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

Peace Park and its museums should take 1/2 day, but I needed some time afterwards to recover. You can easily spend another 1/2 day walking around the city and visiting its Museum of Contemporary Art. The Prefectural Art Museum and the adjacent Shukkei-en Garden could take another 1/2 day. And Miyajima could take 1/2 to 1 day.

7. Re: how many nights recommended for Hiroshima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 15, 2013