We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Hi,

I'm from Singapore. I am visiting Hokkaido first time with my

my family in mid december. We will stay in stay in Sapporo for 5 days.

Q1) Does local tour agencies in Sapporo organise daily tour to Lake toya, askiyama zoo, lake shikotsu or any places outside Sapporo during December period?

Q2)I have checked website of Chuobus and Japanican, there is no

schedule of local tour in December. Is local tour schedule in December not ready yet?

Q3) Is there any other local tour agencies? can someone recommended.

Your help is deeply appreciated. Thanks .

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 87
1. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Yes, there are tour agencies offering tours in Japanese language. The tourist agencies in Sapporo station complex (esp Twinkle Plaza at Stellar Place should be able to book bus tickets for you: for no charge or minimum charge). All those places can be visited on your own by train and/or bus. Otaru and Asahikawa is easy to do by train (if for the Asahiyama zoo, look for combined discount ticket).

This could be Summer schedule, but I don't think things will change drastically:

Sapporo-Toyako Onsen (Sapporo departure time):

http://donanbus.co.jp/kougai-list/19

Toyako Onsen-Sapporo (Toyako Onsen departure time):

http://donanbus.co.jp/kougai-list/26

Single: 2,700; Return 4,790.

*Note: Some Toyako Onsen ryokans should have free (or discount) shuttle bus from Sapporo

**Note: Toyako onsen and Shikotsu Lake can be accessed from Chitose Airport (which could be nearer).

Edited: 3:56 pm, August 14, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
2. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

I meant that you don't have to go as a tour group (in which you'd face a language barrier), but book discounted bus/rail/attraction/hotel tickets as part of free and easy tour package. The people at Twinkle Plaza or the tourist information center at JR Sapporo Station should be able to communicate with you in English.

Jozankei is a nice onsen valley just south of Sapporo, accessed by bus from Makomanai (or free shuttle bus provided by facilities). Mori no Uta offers good buffet & onsen spa plan.

Edited: 4:01 pm, August 14, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Hi Yobeekoo,

Thanks for your advice.

I am staying at Sapporo hotel for 5 days. I would like to visit Lake shikotsu and lake toya and Hell valley. I intend to visit these places and come back to Sapporo on the same day. We do not wish to carry huge luggages to take train or buses to another hotel because my old parents and kids are travelling with me.

Is it feasible or OK to travel to both lakes and back to hotels in Sapporo on the same day? What is the travelling duration?

Is it feasible to do the same if I want to visit Hell valley?

Shall I reserve JR train ticket in advance? I worry JR tickets might be sold out when we purchase on site?

Please help. Thanks you.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Below is my itinary for 5 days. I will stay in Sapporo these 5 days. I need advice whether they are feasible:

Day 1: Tour around Sapporo

Day 2: Go Otaru and back to Sapporo

Day 3: Go Lake toya (or lake shikotsu if feasible) and back to Sapporo

Day 4: Go Hell Valley and back to Sapporo

Day 5 : Go Jozankei and back to Sapporo. At night, fly back to Singapore.

Please advice. Thanks a lot.

Tokyo, Japan
5. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

Day 1 & 2 is okay.

Day 3 & 4 needs to be reconsidered. Lake Toya and Noboribetsu's "Hell Valley" is practically in the neighboring area accessed by bus while in your plan you intend to go back to Sapporo (which will take 2 hr 45 min; it's much better to stay in Lake Toya). I suggest staying at a nice onsen ryokan somewhere around the Lake (or Noboribetsu) and see the valley next day.

Perhaps I might recommend doing like this:

Day 1: Tour around Sapporo. Stay in Sapporo around Odori or JR Station.

Day 2: Go to Otaru and back to Sapporo.

Day 3: Go to Jozankei by bus for a stop over for a few hours at Mori No Uta (http://www.tsuruga-g.com/morinouta/?__utma=1.1409383981.1344998159.1344998159.1344998159.1&__utmb=1.2.10.1344998159&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1344998159.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=%E3%82%82%E3%82%8A%E3%81%AE%E3%81%86%E3%81%9F&__utmv=-&__utmk=19314232); You might prefer using their free shuttle bus, although Donan Bus Sapporo-Toyako operates via Jozankei stop.

Proceed from Jozankei to Lake Toya in the afternoon (bus by Donan Bus Co.), perhaps on the 13:00 or 15:00 bus. Jozankei-Lake Toya: http://donanbus.co.jp/kougai-list/23

Stay at an onsen hotel around Lake Toya. (You can enjoy two baths: the one brief dip in Jozankei in the moutain valley and another long dip by the lake: oh, you lucky person!).

Day 4: From Lake Toya, visit Noboribetsu and Hell Valley, and back to Sapporo (otherwise, you might go south and visit Muroran Port Town and eat local Pork Yakitori there, and see Shiraoi Ainu Village next day, before going to Chitose Airport by train. Luggage will be a problem, though).

Day 5: Visit Asahikawa (eat Ramen) and Asahiyama zoo. Go to New Chitose Airport by late afternoon. At night, fly back to Singapore.

Edited: 10:38 pm, August 14, 2012
6. Re: Sapporo local tour agencies in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 20, 2013