We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2008 Snow Festival

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Decatur, Georgia
reviews: 16
2008 Snow Festival

My wife and I are just starting to make plans to visit for the next snow festival (Feb 5 - Feb 11). I am going to make flight reservation from Atlanta to Tokyo in the next few days and then get a rail pass to visit Sapporo.

However, I'm not having any luck with information of hotel reservations that far in advance. I would hate to book the flights and then discover lodging is difficult to find.

Can anyone (Amanda??) suggest when I will be able to book reservation for the next festival and what would be moderate hotels near Odori to look for?

Thanks a million.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
reviews: 30
1. Re: 2008 Snow Festival

WOW!!

Congratulations! You get the prize for being the FIRST 2008 Snow Festival booker to appear in the Forum.

Amazingly organised ;-))

I know your problem, hotels won't start taking bookings for Feb. 2008 until about August 2007....so just go ahead and get the flights...(you may not get confimations on the domestic part of the flight yet either), and keep trying with the hotel bookings...by late July and early August most Internet hotel booking sites will start taking reservations for the coming winter.

By the way - if you add the Tokyo to Sapporo domestic flight onto the international flgitht (code sharing companieies with ANA or JAL) you may not need the rail pass unless you are doing a lot of other traveling in Japan.

Train from Tokyo is fun - but you can't make a reservation before you come here..and Snow Festival time is the hard time to get bookings on the train...seats ok...but sleeping berths..

You should have no problem with hotels - it's people who leave the hotel booking until NOvember/December who suddenly find only the expensive stuff is left.

Moderate hotels in Odori? JUst looking down the Sapporo hotels on Trip Advisor: (depends what you consider Moderate of course!):

Sunroute New

Monterey

Korakuen

Washington

HOtel 333 Grand

New Budget

Green hotels

There are many many hotels in Sapporo - for the Snow Festival Odori or Susukino/Nakajima Park areas are best, rather than Sapporo Station area.

wow...I'm still amazed! summer visit plans with lavender...fall visits with autumn colors...then the skiing crowd start appearing here...but a Snow Festival posting in May....

happy Trip Planning!

Amanda

2. Re: 2008 Snow Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 31, 2009