We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 1 day trip to Hangzhou from Shanghai

Which Hangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 9
My 1 day trip to Hangzhou from Shanghai

Took the 846 am D train to Hangzhou and reached Hangzhou at around 1015 am. We wanted to take taxi to LingYin Temple and start asking the locals where to get the taxi. We approached 2 locals and both told us not to take the taxi and strongly recommend us to take the bus. One of the local (she worked in one of the many restuarants surrounding Westlake) brought us to the Y2 bus. She even suggested our route for our 1 day trip.

Here is what we did: Take Y2 to 黄泥岭 and change K27 to 龙井村。In K27, a lady told us she stayed at 龙井村, and walked us to the village. She brought us to her house to sample some tea and in the end, we bought some tea from her. The village is an eye opener as we can see many household sunning ducks and pork infront of their house. Then we walked through 龙井村 and reached 九溪十八涧,it was a nice walk and we reached the waterfall. The walk takes about half an hour. When we reached the waterfall, we were told we need to walk for another 3 km before we can reach the bus interchange. But there are many private vans/cars there that will shuttle you to the interchange for RMB5 per person. From the interchange we took K4 to 六和塔。 My boy refused to climb up the Pagoda as he was very tired. Recommended to climb up to have a view of 钱塘江. We took back K4 and reached Westlake. We stopped somewhere near the 雷峰塔 and took the big boat to 三潭印月 and from there take another public boat to 岳飞墓。 We were told not to go up 雷峰塔 as it is a modern Pagoda with lift in it. From 岳飞墓 we took K27 to 灵隐寺. By the time we reached 灵隐寺, it was 4 pm, the sky was getting dark, we did not go into the temple but we walked around 飞来峰。The grotto was impressive. Finally we took K27 back to the railway station to catch the 644 pm D train back to Shanghai.

It was a tiring trip as we walked a lot, but it was enjoyable.

1. Re: My 1 day trip to Hangzhou from Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 25, 2013