We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Hotel

Which Kunming hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johor Bahru, Johor...
reviews: 1
Apartment Hotel

I want to book Kaili International Hotel Apartment but unfortunately there are not much information in the website.

Can anybody give me the contact number for Kaili International Hotel Apartment, Jinbi Road. Location is No. 602 Building A, at Shidai Square, Kunming City centre.

Kunming, China
reviews: 412
1. Re: Apartment Hotel

Just now saw your message.

I stayed there in winter of 2010. Clearly remember the fingerprint reader used to get in my apartment door instead of a conventional magnetic key card. A staff member had to program it the first time, but the thing was buggy and wouldn't work if your finger was too cold. Had to blow on it to warm it up before attempting to enter. It was a comfortable efficiency apartment and the location at Golden Horse Gate/Pavilion (金马碧鸡坊)was quite convenient for transportation purposes.

But, unfortunately, I can no longer find it listed on any travel websites, even Chinese-language ones such as Qunar.

My best guess is this place no longer exists. It was just a dozen or so rooms located on two levels of a highrise apartment building, best recollection, the 6th and 7th floor. New apartment buildings here often temporarily have a few units of this kind of lodging. They are set up by the owners as an interim way to generate a little income until the units are actually sold.

Only thing I can suggest (a long shot) is to physically go there and have a look after parking your luggage somewhere. There were two other similar small "apartment hotel" operators on the floors above and below when I was there. One of those others might still be operational, though I don't find them listed either. All were about the same in what they offered. Price, as I recall, was a bit over 200 Yuan per night for a small unit.

There were no signs outside the building, making it difficult to find. May have been a small sign in the building lobby, but I cannot remember for sure. You will have to ask a building guard to let you in the first time. ( Once you are registered, they will give you a pass card to swipe.)

This is not the place for you unless your Chinese is pretty good.

2. Re: Apartment Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2014