We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terracotta soldiers

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Terracotta soldiers

can someone tell me how long it takes to get to/view the terracotta soldiers? we are coming into Xi'an at night and will be there for one day (flying out at 7pm). can we see the soldiers in the morning and still make our 7pm flight? thanks!

Perth, Western...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Terracotta soldiers

You should have more than enough time to see the Terracotta Warriors. From memory it was about 40 minutes from Xian. Someone else will be able to confirm. The actual tour would only take 2 or so hours with a guide that you should negotiate your rate with. A word of warning. If you purchase a Terracotta Warrior, ensure you watch them pack your authentication slip with it and how well they pack it. We dealt with a terrible woman there who annoyed me so much I didn't buy all I was going to. She harassed me big time so I decided to only get the warrior. She became angry and packed it very poorly, excluding the certificate. We had to repack it for the flight.

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 118
2. Re: Terracotta soldiers

Hi

My wife and I went on a trip to China a couple of year back and we also had like one day in Xi'an. We went on an organized trip and I think we started at like 9 am and it ended in the afternoon. So I think you should be able to go for a tour if you want to. I have posted more details about our trip on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com.

Regards

Gard

New York
3. Re: Terracotta soldiers

thank you both for the information - I really appreciate it!