We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michael Yang - just amazing

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 65
Michael Yang - just amazing

After reading all of the recommendations for Michael Yang on this forum, my friend and I decided to book him as our tour guide for our visit to Xian in late December. Michael was just brilliant - we had a number of great guides during our holiday in China but we both agreed that he was the best.

As we were only in Xian for one day, Michael picked us up from the airport and drove us straight to the Terracotta Warrior museum. On the way we chatted to him and he told us a little bit about Xian and about what it is like to live in China. Michael is an excellent driver and we felt very safe with him, especially after experiencing the crazy way that some of our other Chinese drivers drove!

Our first stop was the Terracotta Warriors. Michael took us around the museum and explained how they were made, their purpose and the story of their discovery. His knowledge of Chinese history is excellent and he was able to answer all of our questions. He didn't rush us through the museum and insisted that we take our time.

After the museum Michael took us out for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant and then to a lesser known but fascinating tomb before he dropped us at the airport.

I highly recommend Michael. It was wonderful to be shown around by someone who is passionate about Chinese history and who obviously enjoys his work. His English is also excellent (he used to teach English) so he is very easy to chat to and very friendly.

2 replies to this topic
xi an
reviews: 6
1. Re: Michael Yang - just amazing

hello thank you kathay .

you and your friend are also nice people .

take care .

australia
reviews: 11
2. Re: Michael Yang - just amazing

Can you pks give me michael email tks

Reply to: Michael Yang - just amazing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted