We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
burlingame, ca
reviews: 4
Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Been looking at all of the hotel reviews and looking for the most conveniently located 4 or 5 star hotel in Xian- We are only there for 2 days and going to do the typical 2 day itinerary-

Ideally, we are staying in a hotel that can accommodate us in one room -

Looking at Hilton, Sofitel, Shangri-LA and even the Tang Dynasty= thoughts appreciated

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Hello:

The 4 stars hotel you can use Bell tower hotel or Grand Noble hotel, the 5 stars hotel you can use the Sofitle or Hilton.

what I recommend to you are located at the city wall, nice option for your night activities to explore this city.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Mermaid Beach
reviews: 1
2. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

I stayed at the Melody hotel which was super convenient, but unless it's changed in the last year or two, I don't believe it would be the same standard as those you mentioned. Actually i just looked, it's only 3 star, but anything in that area should be convenient, in respect to markets, bell and drum tower, dumpling restaurant, city wall, fountain show etc etc

Xi'an, China
reviews: 9
3. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Hi, Bobojuju:

Four Star Hotels:

Citadines Central would be a very good choice that they have family room which is good in terms of facilities as well as free wifi in the room. Breakfast is simpler than other four star hotels. But the location is pretty good, it is just two minutes walk to the Drum Tower and within five minutes walk to the Bell Tower. Room rate is much better than Bell Tower Hotel,

Ramada Hotel in North Street ( BeiDaJie) would also be a good choice as the facility is newer.

Bell Tower Hotel, Grand Noble Hotel are good as well.

Five Star Hotel:

Shangri-La is really good, but not convenient for you to walk around because it is located in the new part of the town that it is surrounded by concrete jungles.

Sofitel is about 15 minutes walk to the Bell Tower, or some 20 minutes. but the nearest convenience store or shops would be in three or five minutes walking distance.

Hilton is located in busier part of the town that it is surrounded by small shops, laundry shops, especially there is a night food market cross road.

They are all good. But if really looking for somewhere that you could explore the town on foot. Four star hotels would be better.

Just suggestions and hope it would be helpful in your trip planning

Xi'an, China
reviews: 12
4. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Citadines Central hotel is good choice for your family of four. It has very good location and convinent to airport shuttle bus station.

Edited: 10:31 am, December 29, 2013
Xi'an, China
reviews: 12
5. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Citadines Central hotel is good choice for your family of four. It has very good location and convinent to airport shuttle bus station.

Xi'an, China
6. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

Hi,bobojuju:

Citadines Central hotel is a good choice for you because of convenience。have a good trip!

AngieLee's private tour

Katonah, NY
reviews: 317
7. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

I disagree with all except the Sofitel, or the Mercure or Grand Mercure (all 3 in the same complex.) I did a TON of research for my family of 4, and we went to the Grand Mercure. If you have the money, do the Sofitel, it was beautiful. IMO, there was no high quality hotel with a good location that could even come close to these in terms of location and positive reviews, and also the least amounts of negative reviews. My kids were 12 and 14 when we went if that helps.

8. Re: Most conveniently located 5 or 4 star xian hotels fam of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 10, 2015