We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
reviews: 1
Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

We were in Xian in late September with Michael as our guide for Hua Shan and Terrra Cotta. He was very prompt in picking us up (in fact we were the ones always running a little late), provided us with good advice, and very flexible. We were stuck in a major traffic jam on the way back from Hua Shan and he maintained his good nature. His English is very good. We highly recommend him if you are ever in Xi'an.

Bordeaux, France
1. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

How do we get in touch with Michael Yang?

texas
2. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

You can email him at michaelylw@sina.com

He is very prompt in replying.

xi an
reviews: 29
3. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

Thank you .judy

Jakarta
reviews: 11
4. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

Michael yang also guided us on our xian trip in mid october. It's true, his english is excellent. His knowledge of history, not only xian's but the world in general is amazing. He tried so hard to keep our group together to make sure we absorb the best information about the site. Hahaha sorry michael, because it was so difficult to be done. Although his hour has finished, he kept accompany us through our night in xian. He provided our group with drinks aboard the van... Overall excellent service.

Pittsburgh...
5. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

We were in Xi'an in January, 2014 and had not planned ahead. Luckily, we found the reviews of Michael online and contacted him via email. He responded immediately and we were able to book a tour on short notice. Michael was - as has been said - an excellent guide. He picked us up at our hotel and took us where we wanted to go, first to the Terra Cotta Tomb Guards, but from there to a local restaurant for lunch where we had some delicious, local noodles. We were the only westerners at the restaurant - authentic, delicious food! From there we went to see a Dao Temple and then to the Muslim Quarter. Michael said he goes to the Terra Cotta site 300 times a year, but you never got a feeling that he was bored! The day was just wonderful, one of our best memories of our trip to China. Highly recommended. Thank you Michael!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 22
6. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

We just finished our tour with Michael today and were not disappointed. He was early to pick us up and provided us bottles of water for the day. We were really lucky to be his first clients to ride his new car which had a lot of leg room and felt very luxurious with leather seats. He had extensive knowledge on the Great Wall and Chinese history and was very entertaining in providing us interesting stories of the Chinese social lifestyle from the Chin, Han and Tang dynasties that you can't find anywhere else.

We ate local Xi'anese noodles called Biang Biang at lunch that were delicious thick noodles which we would have not eaten if it wasn't for Michael's introduction. After lunch we went to the Daoist temple, Bell tower and drum tower and then the Muslim quarter.

Michael's English is excellent. He responded quickly by email and was very flexible with the way he runs his tours based on what the customer wants. Definitely recommend Michael to anyone who wants to maximise their Xi'an experience.

xi an
reviews: 29
7. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

Thank you .everyone .

It is my pleasure to be of your service

burlingame, ca
reviews: 4
8. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

After reading all of the wonderful reviews about Michael, I thought there is no way he is available on our dates but luck was with us and I booked Michael for 2 days about 3 months in advance- Michael always had quick and informative replies to my emails and even contacted the hotel for me when I could not. He is very flexible in planning your itinerary but he also has a point of view if you can't make up your mind- His english is great and he got along well with my boys (11 and 14)- The best part about touring with Michael is his knowledge of the history of Xi'an and the major sites. We didn't need to read any signs, Michael vocalized all of the info. in an informative and engaging way- My sons were attentive as were we and we learned a lot - He also took us to eat local foods like Bliang Bliang Noodles. HIs car if you have 4 persons or less is nice and new. We recommend Michael without hesitation and he is worth every penny.

9. Re: Excellent Guide - Michael Yang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 22, 2015