We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foot massage

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 34
Foot massage

I know that this is a frequent question but i could not find some recent posts about it.

We would like to try a chinese foot massage. The kind that sort of hurts if your body is not 'in balance'.

We are staying near the big goose pagoda. Anybody know of a place? Also, how much should we pay? This area seems very touristy and i'm afraid of being scammed, so a general point of reference is appreciated :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Foot massage

Hello:

there are many places where provide you very good triditioanl chiese massage close your hotel one named 宗圣国医堂( zhongshengguoyitang) located at the parking lot of the 西安宾馆(xianbinguan). That will cost you 60rmb for foot massage and 70rmb for body massage.( 60 minutes)

hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Kunming, China
reviews: 379
2. Re: Foot massage

I'm not a Xi'an expert, and the advice @Bryanbai gave you above looks excellent.

But if for some reason that doesn't work out, all you need to do is ask at the front desk of your hotel. It's a frequently asked question, especially by Chinese tourists.

If the hotel has a massage service, it's usually not the best choice. Better to go outside for several reasons. I can expand on that more if you care. Just ask them directions and they can point you to someplace nearby.

The "locals" places will cost under 50 Yuan for a basic one and the places that are more accustomed to tourists should still be between 50 and 100 Yuan. You need a place accustomed to tourists if you don't speak Chinese. They will most likely have an English menu.

Sometimes a foot massage will include attention to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Sometimes even your back. These make it cost a little more, total usually being closer to the 100 mark.

You should always be offered a hot water foot soak first. That's an important part of the process. No extra charge for that, unless you accept some sort of herbal additive to the water. 中药 (Chinese medicine) is usually the cheapest if it's not included free, and others cost more. Ginger 姜 is energizing, and I usually get that.

Sometimes they will offer to use a higher grade flower essence oil 精油 instead of the standard massage lotion compound 按摩膏。 That costs more, maybe an extra 30 Yuan.

I get a foot massage every week at home in Kunming and always seek them out when I travel to other cities in China. Highly recommended for health maintenance as well as for tired feet and general relaxation.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 34
3. Re: Foot massage

Hi, sorry i haven't reported back sooner. We went to the place bryanbai suggested. We found the place on the 3rd floor. The price started at 138 yuan, though it was not clear what was offered. My chinese is basic but i could not make it out and the men greeting us didn't make me feel at ease so we decided to skip it.

In the end, we went for a foot massage in Beijing. By chance, we found a really wonderful place. Thanks to ZhongguoKM's explanations, we knew what was in store for us and got a massage with oils and lotion. Very fun expecrience!!

Kunming, China
reviews: 379
4. Re: Foot massage

Glad it worked out.

xi an
reviews: 6
5. Re: Foot massage

thank you for the report .it it good

6. Re: Foot massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2014