We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed itinerary

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Proposed itinerary

I'm going to be in Xi'an for a day and a half during my visit to china. I'm hoping to visit the following during my time in Xi'an:

Terracotta Army

Huaqing hot springs

City walls

Drum & bell towers

Mosque & Muslim area

Eight immortals temple

Small goose pagoda

Great goose pagoda (and fountain near by with music show)

Shaanxi history museum

Is this achievable in this time? Is there any must sees that I've missed out? I'm intending to hire a guide for at least part of the time. Is there anything in this itinerary I should do without a guide or should I hire the guide for the entire time I'm in Xi'an?

14 replies to this topic
Reading, United...
11. Re: Proposed itinerary

You must be getting so excited. Not long now!!!

We're leaving for china 20th October and will be in Xi'an 27th. So excited!!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 154
12. Re: Proposed itinerary

1. don't forget to buy several packets of paper tissues in China from street vendors as many places do not provide paper napkins or toilet paper.

2. Buy bottled water do not drink tap water.

3.Take a small amount of RMB with you and change in China you will get a better rate. use the ATM's, very user friendly in English as well as Chinese.

4 Have a card of the hotels name and addresses written in Chinese characters. It will help the taxi drivers etc keep it on you all the time. have one for each person in your group.

5.Remember October 1st to the 7th is China National Holiday week. It gets very very busy and crowded especially the attractions sites. Try and avoid these dates if you can.

Edited: 5:48 pm, September 09, 2013
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 112
13. Re: Proposed itinerary

After just finishing up a 2 day trip in Xi'an I suggest you get a guide for the entire time. Not only will you be able to see more but you will have someone to explain things to you. It will make for a much more enjoyable and less frustrating trip. I used Michael Yang and he was great.

Edited: 3:31 am, September 10, 2013
Canada
reviews: 56
14. Re: Proposed itinerary

I'd skip the hot springs and go to the city wall. Xian isn't easy to get around as the Terracotta Army is an hour east of the city. We spent 2 hours there and felt rushed (4 hours including driving). We only had a day, but if you are flying, anticipate airport delays...which is common, and focus on your top sites to see.

Reply to: Proposed itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted