We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed itinerary

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Proposed itinerary

I'm going to be in Xi'an for a day and a half during my visit to china. I'm hoping to visit the following during my time in Xi'an:

Terracotta Army

Huaqing hot springs

City walls

Drum & bell towers

Mosque & Muslim area

Eight immortals temple

Small goose pagoda

Great goose pagoda (and fountain near by with music show)

Shaanxi history museum

Is this achievable in this time? Is there any must sees that I've missed out? I'm intending to hire a guide for at least part of the time. Is there anything in this itinerary I should do without a guide or should I hire the guide for the entire time I'm in Xi'an?

14 replies to this topic
Hong Kong
reviews: 89
1. Re: Proposed itinerary

Too rushed to do all that.

Day 1 morning

- Huaqing Hot Springs

- Terra Cotta Army

Day 1 afternoon

- City wall

- Drum and Bell Towers

- evening in the Muslim area

Day 2 morning

- Shaanxi History Museum

- Big Goose Pagoda

Not much time for the others. Taxis are hard to hire and drivers get choosey as to who to take on. Best to have a driver within the city as not all landmarks are near subway stations.

Shenzhen, China
reviews: 9
2. Re: Proposed itinerary

1 day and a half is not enough to cover all the attractions you mentions, because some of them are rather far away from the urban area, such as the Terracotta Army, even the ones in the urban area are not in the same distrct and may take some time from one to another.

And there is still some famous attracitons such as Datang Furong Garden(大唐芙蓉园), Famen Temple (法门寺) you should not miss. But you should extend your travel time in Xian, recommend 3-5 days.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
3. Re: Proposed itinerary

Hello:

For the hot spring you can skip it, only smaller part of the site are real one, rest part are recently made made, not worth to spend 110 rmb to do that.

The terra-cotta warriors museum, city wall, the big wild goose paoga and shann xi history museum, the great mosque are all must see sites, you can't miss it. The rest sites are optional ones.

Hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

Reading, United...
4. Re: Proposed itinerary

Thanks very much for your replies, all very useful. I thought I might be trying to cram too much into my time in Xi'an.

What are other people's opinions on the hot springs? I thought it sounds really interesting, but the reviews are very mixed.

Xi'an, China
5. Re: Proposed itinerary

Hello :

there is night live performance are very pretty ( 8:00p.m-9:45p.m) at the hanqin hot spring.

Hope this can help

bryanbai

London
reviews: 12
6. Re: Proposed itinerary

Hi, we also have a 1.5 days in our trip and this is our plan:

Day 1:

Arrive on sleeper train around 8/8.30am

Pick up by guide & driver, drop bags at hotel if necessary.

Big Goose Pagoda (including climb up)

City Walls (including cycle round)

Drive back into city

Pick up casual lunch on the go

Walk around Bell/Drum Tower area

Walk around Muslim Quarter

Visit Great mosque

In the evening we're by ourselves; our guide is going to give us ideas for veggie friendly restaurants and afterwards we're planning to go to the fountain music show at the Big Goose Pagoda

Day 2:

Early pick up to be at TCW for opening (2-3hours)

Emperor Jingdi's tomb

Then dropped off at Xian airport by around 3pm to pick up tickets and check in for our flight to chengdu

Hope that helps?

Xi'an, China
7. Re: Proposed itinerary

Hello:

Your plan is feasible if you can start your terra-cotta warriors museum tour at 8:00a.m from your hotel, so that you have more time to spend at the Han yang tomb because it takes about one hour drive from the terra-cotta warriors museum to the Han yang tomb through express way.

hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

Reading, United...
8. Re: Proposed itinerary

Thanks Gabi, that's very useful to know. Do you know what time the fountain music show starts at?

Xi'an, China
9. Re: Proposed itinerary

Hello:

It start from 9:00p.m-9:25p.m

Hope this can help you

London
reviews: 12
10. Re: Proposed itinerary

When are you going reading_girl_abroad?

We are so excited now, leave for China on 20th Sept & reach Xian 30th/1st October. Going to be busy over the holiday season but can't wait!

Reply to: Proposed itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted