We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ningpo, Zhejiang...
Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

We simply can not say enough good things about our guide in Xi'an, RAPHAEL WANG. From the moment he picked us up at the train station until he saw us off at the airport two days later, he was professional, knowledgeable, pleasant and accommodating. We were a party of five (three generations) with rather diverse interests. We came to Xi'an only knowing that we wanted to see the Terracotta Soldiers and Huashang Mountain. Because of him, we also saw the Bell Tower, night market, local cave dwellings and a second tomb with more archeological finds. We also were able to experience local food with him that we would not otherwise have found. We had a nine year old boy with us and Raphael was wonderfully attentive to his needs and interests. We found the price for his services (including transportation) to be very reasonable. We would definitely recommend him and would use him again if we return to Xi'an.

11 replies to this topic
Portland
reviews: 1
1. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Can you post his contact information? Thanks!

Ningpo, Zhejiang...
2. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Sure, I guess it is permitted. Raphael Wang: email - raphaelwj@gmail.com, raphaeltour@vip.126.com, telephone (0) 130-0290-8084 and (0) 189-6680-3170. website is http://www.xiandaytour.com. The physical location of the office is 16 Xiumin Street, Xi'an, China. I forgot to mention, his English is great.

Shanghai
reviews: 115
3. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Hi! Great review! We are heading to Xi'an in a few weeks, party of 5 with 3 generations too! Can you tell me Raphael's telephone number or e mail address? Thanks!

Shanghai
reviews: 115
4. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

oops sorry I see you already posted the contact info. Thanks! I don't know why it didn't show up before! I am excited for our trip!

Nottingham, England
reviews: 34
5. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Can you please indicate how much his fees were for the two days. Many thanks.

Seoul, South Korea
6. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Just wanted to add our 2 thumbs up for Raphael Wang. He was our tour guide for two days in Xi'an, and he was wonderful! We had a busy group (3 adults and 4 children ranging from infant to teen) and he did not miss a beat. Picked us up at the train station, gave us great tours (even engaging for the kids) of the Terracotta Warriors, the Moslem market, and City Wall, took us to fantastic restaurants, and even showed us the caves where his family was exiled during the Cultural Revolution. He was great with the kids--offered to push strollers, hold hands when crossing streets, etc. He even stayed with us until we were ready to get back on the train. Can't recommend Raphael highly enough, and we hope to be able to see him again. He feels like part of the family now!

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 16
7. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

Hi. We contacted Raphael Wang as a XIAN tour guide based on the post on this blog. I can only echo that we have found his services to be very reliable, pleasant and informative. One day we were guided by his sister Helen, which was also very good. Importantly, they were very flexible and could change plans even spontaneously, I.e. If wanted to have a specific Chinese food to eat. Can highly recommend!!!

Marshall, Texas
8. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

After several trips with students to Xi'an, I continue to recommend "our" Raphael Wang. After 23 years in the business, Raphael has a mature, attentive approach, is personable and accommodating, and, for us, has always been reliable. Want a little more of something? Just ask, and he responds promptly--he can make a "standard" tour/guide package extra valuable and entertaining if you encourage him with questions. He is good at getting the hotels to deliver on promises or to meet special needs. Our young people like and enjoy him because he is genuine, witty and engages them respectfully. I look forward to meeting Raphael with each successive trip to his city.

Point Reyes...
9. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

I am bringing my 3 kids, ages 7-12. What did your kids enjoy most during your time in Xi'an? We are trying to put an itinerary together with Raphael. Did you see a shadow puppet show? Thanks!

10. Re: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang

We hired Raphael Feb 13-15, 2015. He picked us up at the airport and gave us great suggestions on places to visit. We only expected to see the Terra Cotta Warriors, but after getting to know us he made excellent suggestions. We visited another archeological site that we didn't know existed and is very close to the airport. The Muslim market and temple are a must to visit. He paid for everything that we did together and we paid him when he dropped us off at the airport. I highly recommend his services.

Reply to: Tour Guide in Xi'an - Raphael Wang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted