We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day itinerary

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jakarta
10 day itinerary

Hi all,

I will visit Xi'an next month (Aug 2) for 10 days. I (non mandarin speaking) am currently considering the itinerary as follow:

Aug 2. Late evening arrival in Xi'an airport. Shuttle bus to Xi'an city centre. Plan to stay at Hantang Inn.

Aug 3. Full day to Huashan. Take express train and cable car. Overnight in Xi'an.

Aug 4. Full day to Longmen and Shaolin. Take express train. Not sure whether it is easy to use the public transport from Longmen and Shaolin and vv. Overnight in Xi'an

Aug 5. Full day to Dangjiacun. Take a bus. Overnight in Xi'an

Aug 6. Full day to Maijishan. Take a train. Overnight in Xi'an

Aug 7. Full day to Terracota and Jingdi. Take overnight train to Pingyao

Aug 8. Full day in Pingyao Ancient City. Overnight in Pingyao. Plan to stay at Yide Hostel.

Aug 9. Full day around Pingyao (Courtyards and Zhangbi). Overnight in Pingyao

Aug 10. Full day in Pingyao. Take overnight train to Xi'an.

Aug 11 Full day in Xi'an. Muslim square, great mosque,city wall etc.

Aug 12 Full day in Xi'an until late evening departure from Xi'an airport

Suggestions are welcome to see whether the itinerary is realistic or not, other places to visit etc. Previously I wanted to visit also Datong, however I found difficult because lack of time.

Many thanks

Magog, Canada
reviews: 456
1. Re: 10 day itinerary

Interesting itinerary but a lot of moving around.

Make sure to book your trains ahead of time for this area at that time of the year.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: 10 day itinerary

Hello:

Sound like hard to finish it, like August 6, it is impossible to finish mijimountain for one day, stay overnight in xian again.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

beijing
reviews: 5
3. Re: 10 day itinerary

You have plenty of time to do everything on your list plus Datong. This trip is just structured incorrectly. You're spending way too much of it on transport running back and forth to Xi'an, which isn't necessary.

jakarta
4. Re: 10 day itinerary

Thanks all for the feedback. I need to reconsider the routes.

beijing
reviews: 5
5. Re: 10 day itinerary

Yes you do. Look at a good map and plot these places out. Then to the extent possible, do a loop route with a spur up and down to Datong. You may wish to split the Xi'an city time into front end and back end, sandwiching the rest in the middle. If your incoming to Xi'an is long-haul international, I would not schedule something out of the city (especially strenuous like Huashan) for the next day.

And remember that for some of the intercity routes, buses may work better than trains. You may need to mix your methods for efficiency and timing reasons.

Edited: 4:45 pm, June 30, 2013
6. Re: 10 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 02, 2014