We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets from Xian to Lhasa?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
reviews: 8
Train tickets from Xian to Lhasa?

A friend and I will be in towards the end of September 2013 and we're wondering about getting train tickets to Lhasa. We were looking at using Chinatripadvisor.com but after looking at reviews it's not 100% reliable. I will be in Xian about 7 days before we take the train to Lhasa, what will my chances be of booking a train ticket on that day? I've done quite a bit of searching on the net but can't find any recent /helpful info. If anyone can offer any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. We are doing a tour in Tibet so our permits/visas are under control.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Train tickets from Xian to Lhasa?

Haha, thanks again all. I will let everyone know how I get on for future reference. I have had a message from a tour operator offering his services of getting some tickets through him. Name is Dai Li, sounds legit. Anyone heard of him?

12. Re: Train tickets from Xian to Lhasa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 11, 2014