We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

We are taking z19 overnight train to Xi'an.

Does the train station has storage for luggage? How much do they charge? How late can we claim the luggage?

Can we take 306 bus from that train station to terra corta ?

How far is the train station from Citadines Central Hotel? Can be reached by bus? I heard the bus fare is RMB 1? Does it take long or taxi make more sense? There are 4 of us.

Any good place to eat by the train station?

8 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

There is an officially run store charging 5-10 RMB for one piece, but i am not sure where exactly it is nestled. Maybe the other guys in Xian having dealt with this issue can point out. It was many years ago when i need to store something in the station.

BTW, it's very chaotic around Xian R.S.. Watch out your valuables and don't buy anything in the shops nearby. OTW, you might learn the lesson.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
2. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

Here is where you take bus to TWs:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298557-i7579-k529…

Either hardly a taxi is willing to do business with you for that short trip or you will be quote very high unreasonable price if taking taxi at Xian Train Station. Since you know they only hunter for silly people waiting there for hrs even for a whole day. For this short ride to your hotel, true price won't go over 20 RMB. I will go a couple of blocks away to get a taxi.

For food by there, only stick to such as KFC or Mcdonald. OTW, you may learn lesson.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
3. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

Hello:

It is almost impossible for you to call a taxi from the Ciditine central to the train station since it is located at the city center, there are't many running taxies driver who want gets stuck of traffic at the city.

The best option for you to use the bus 306 and bus 611 to get there from the bell tower.

The bus stop of 306 is located at the south street, however the 611 stop is located right in front of the kaiyuan(开元商场)of the east street.

Hope this can help

Xianhistorytourguide

Magog, Canada
reviews: 456
4. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

I had no issue getting a taxi from the Citadines hotel. Just get one from the street. I don't understand the comment about taxis not wanting to go there as a taxi around the hotel is already in the city center and stuck in traffic in any case.

SGF, MO
reviews: 199
5. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

We are doing the exact same thing also staying at the Citadines.

After Terra Cotta Warriors on the bus, we are heading back to the station to grab our luggage. We plan on picking up the 206 bus just west of the station which takes you to the Bell Tower. Citadines is less than a 10 minute walk from there.

Next day we are heading to the airport via the Airport Express shuttle bus which picks up at the Melody Hotel just 300m from the Citadines on the way back to the Bell Tower.

Wellington, New...
reviews: 24
6. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

We got the taxi from the train station to Citidines, I don't remember what we paid, but it was reasonable. There was a long line for the taxi!

We don't normally prebook taxis from hotels due to the high cost, but having also heard there could be difficulties getting a taxi back to the train station - we though better to pay a little bit more than not get to the station on time.

This particular driver (organised from the hotel) tried to drop us off quite a way from the station, saying he couldn't get any closer. We didn't accept that and demanded to be dropped off at the train station - which was interesting as we don't speak Chinese, we then got dropped off at the station!!

Then it was a stampede to get through the gates at the railway station, with large suitcases and 2 kids!!!

We had a meal at a restaruant near Citidines, I think it was called "Star Ferry", it wasn't the best food we had eaten, but the place seemed busy and clean and was enjoyable!

Yes, the streets were gridlocked with traffic!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 45
7. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

You can see Z19 (Z20) train cabin and bus to TC sight on youtube. Once you see a sort video, you'll have a pretty solid understand of what all these are and what to anticipate.

New York
reviews: 9
8. Re: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?

I too have almost the same itinerary, but have to get to Sheraton North City from main railway station, after we return from TCW and retrieve our left luggae. Any idea on the best way for a family of 6 to do this?

Reply to: Xi'an Z19 train station has storage for luggage?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted