We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the must-eat and must-buy

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 39
the must-eat and must-buy

Hi. Asking for opinion on what you all think is the food that I mustn't miss trying in xian? Kindly include name of recommended restaurant if any.

What are the must-buy souvenirs from xian? ( I am not that interested in the mini TCW)

Thank you for your opinion

Kunming, China
reviews: 351
1. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

Yang rou pao mo 羊肉泡馍 (lamb and flat bread torn up in soup.) Widely available, no address needed.

They will serve you a bowl of lamb slices and hot broth plus a piece of flat bread, sometimes together, but more often they will bring the bread first so you can start working on it. You tear the bread in small pieces and put it into the soup. Season to taste.

Can't say you have really been to Xi'an unless you have had it.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

Hello:

Xian is known for the capitals city in china for the noddles and dumplings which are two types of the local foods you can't miss.

Just to try the local noddles and noddles randomly along the street, you can find a lots of those restaurants.

Jia Shan soup dumplings (贾三汤包)and liaoliu soup dumplings( 小刘汤包 are nice dumplings restaurants in this city.

You can find a museum book at the warriors museum, very nice picture and infromative which is best souvenirs over there.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Edited: 8:48 am, June 17, 2013
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
3. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

Xian is a city of noddles. But maybe too many noddles to find one outstanding. Must try are 羊肉泡馍/Yang Rou Pao Mo, 腊牛肉/La Niu Rou, 肉丸胡辣汤/Rou Wan Hu La Tang, 秦镇米皮/Qin Zhen Mi Pi, 肉夹馍/Rou Jia Mo. The first three easily found in Moslim Quarter.

Can't find souvenirs better than mini TCW.

roadtrip
reviews: 44
4. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

Can you explain what the last 4 soups are please.

Kunming, China
reviews: 351
5. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

#4 -- I don't think 腊牛肉/La Niu Rou is a soup. It's a way of preparing dry-preserved sliced beef. Sorry, I don't know an English name for it, although there might be one. Here are photos on a reliable Chinese website:

image.baidu.com/i…

It's made by steaming the beef to soften it and then mixing it with various spices before frying it. (I really cannot cook it; just looked up a recipe.)

6. Re: the must-eat and must-buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014