We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too much in a day?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Too much in a day?

We are wondering if this is too much for a day. Wake up Sat. in Xian, take early bus to TC Warriors, bus back to city, see drum/bell tower/ muslim quarters, get luggage from hotel and head to airport, take 1930 flight to Guilin, land at 2130, taxi ride to Yangshuo hotel, arriving around 2330? We are independent / fairly experienced travelers but I think this day may be too much. Any suggestions? The rest of our trip is more relaxed.

Boston...
reviews: 165
1. Re: Too much in a day?

Depending on hotel location this can be done in under 8 hours.

Hotel would need to be a 10 minute walk to moslem quarter , bell and tower,airport shuttle.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: Too much in a day?

Hello:

According to the time how much time you will spend to the terra-cotta warriors museum, and how smoothly you use the puclic bus to back to the city, then you also have time to visit the big wild goose pagoda before you head in to the airport by the shutle bus . I sugguest yo to like this:

8:00a.m leave for the terra-cotta warriors museum by the bus 306, sightseeing in the museum for 2.5 hours after lunch to a local restaurant near by, in this afternoon, use the taxi to visit the big wild goose pagoda, subway back to the city, stroll at the local Muslim quarter before you board the shuttle bus to the airport.

Hope this is can help you

xianhistorytourguide

xi an
reviews: 6
3. Re: Too much in a day?

it is ok for this trip in xi an for one day .

take early bus or taxi to tcw .2hours there .then bus back to city to see the city wall .bell and drum tower muslim street .

if you are an early bird .you can even start earlier .like7am .arrive tcw when it opens at 8;30 am .then you will finish all the sites in one day if traffic is ok .i suggest you take a taxi to airport later .

michael yang

Magog, Canada
reviews: 457
4. Re: Too much in a day?

As you sleep there, why not visit the muslim quarters the evening before.

Xi'an, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
5. Re: Too much in a day?

It's fine. Doable. And visit Muslim Quarter the evening before.

Nashville, Tennessee
6. Re: Too much in a day?

We plan to arrive on the bullet train at 1400 the day before and plan on biking the wall then going to

Big Goose Pagoda and the Tang dinner show(maybe) on Friday night. I will get a hotel closer to the airport shuttle then instead of the bus/train station, and we can check out the muslim quarter on Sat. Thanks for your stellar advice!!

Boston...
reviews: 165
7. Re: Too much in a day?

Moslem quarter and Bell and Drum tower are lit up at night enhancing the experience.Moslem quarter is a great place to dine.If you choose to climb the Bell Tower it is accessible in the tunnel leading to the subway.

Citadines Central Hotel is a great centrally located accomodation.Right next to the shuttle stop and the Moslem Quarter.There are a few other hotels nearby.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 457
8. Re: Too much in a day?

I agree with Citadibes, perfect location. stayed there twice in the last month. Airport shuttle next door and also close to the subway.

beijing
reviews: 5
9. Re: Too much in a day?

On the Guilin end, you may be in for an expensive unpleasantness if you try to get a cab from the airport to Yangshuo, especially at night. A better choice might be to arrange a pickup from your hotel/guesthouse. Eliminates having to haggle with taxi drivers (they won't use meter for this sort of drive) and any worries about getting "lost." Likely you'll be physically tired and mentally not sharp at the end of this long day, so a meet-and-greet and pickup would be good tactic....and likely not more expensive than a taxi shark.

xi an
reviews: 6
10. Re: Too much in a day?

i suggest that you stay in citadines hotel .or another one .bell tower hotel .they are very close to the airport shuttle bus .night view in muslim street is really good .i suggest you have dinner there .