We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 11
Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Currently in Xian and found a lot of info online is out of date and incorrect.

Airport Express - Bus route numbers have changed and buses don't even display the number. There are six lines and you need to check each stop (route in both Chinese and English). I took #5 to get to the railway station (not #2 as found online). Fare is 26 yuan and sold by stop for #6. Chinese website of bus operator cwagi.com

Bus for Terracotta Warriors. I took bus 306(5) from southeast of railway station. This bus uses the expressway and has many stops for locals. It took just over an hour and cost was 7 Yuan. First bus at 7am and ticket office for the warriors opens at 8:30am

Returning, I tried bus 914 since there were about 5 buses in the parking lot, it was written Xian Railway Station<->Terracotta Warriors on the side in English and one bus was just leaving when I showed up. Fare was 8 Yuan. Big mistake. The bus was fairly empty when I boarded and stopped and every transfer point picking up more passengers even when all seats were occupied. It honked at every pedestrian on the road trying to pick them up and didn't use the expressway. I took almost two hours to get back. Avoid if possible.

Edited: 11:17 am, May 12, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 45
21. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

This is what I found on youtube which shows you where to find the bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzFVIIBPgE

Generally there are several videos about every attractions anywhere around the world. I am doing my video study of Xi'an for our upcoming visit, saw the bicycle on the wall, and all major Xi'an attractions, a picture is worth a thousands words.

Just search for Xi'an on youtube.

roadtrip
reviews: 44
22. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Neil thanks for links to the pics....so the buses are actually GREY (with green lettering)

roadtrip
23. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

thanks for the video.....clears up a lot of the confusion

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 21
24. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Just got back from Xian - thanks for all the above posts and photos, very helpful to find the correct bus!

As above, ignore the touts at the station and look for the longest line for the 306 bus. 7RMB to the last stop, it does make a few random stops (including the hot springs) along the way.

Also, not sure if this is posted else where, your Terracotta Army entry tickets also include a free shuttle bus to the Qin Shi Huang tomb (got on near the ticket office, signs only in Chinese). Interesting side trip, and gives you an idea of the scale of the site despite not able to climb the tomb mount itself.

roadtrip
25. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

The buses were easy to find...are actually light metallic green, 7 rmb...a few stops along the way at other tourist destinations, takes about 1 hour.

26. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 10, 2014