We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 14
Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Currently in Xian and found a lot of info online is out of date and incorrect.

Airport Express - Bus route numbers have changed and buses don't even display the number. There are six lines and you need to check each stop (route in both Chinese and English). I took #5 to get to the railway station (not #2 as found online). Fare is 26 yuan and sold by stop for #6. Chinese website of bus operator cwagi.com

Bus for Terracotta Warriors. I took bus 306(5) from southeast of railway station. This bus uses the expressway and has many stops for locals. It took just over an hour and cost was 7 Yuan. First bus at 7am and ticket office for the warriors opens at 8:30am

Returning, I tried bus 914 since there were about 5 buses in the parking lot, it was written Xian Railway Station<->Terracotta Warriors on the side in English and one bus was just leaving when I showed up. Fare was 8 Yuan. Big mistake. The bus was fairly empty when I boarded and stopped and every transfer point picking up more passengers even when all seats were occupied. It honked at every pedestrian on the road trying to pick them up and didn't use the expressway. I took almost two hours to get back. Avoid if possible.

Edited: 11:17 am, May 12, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
1. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Thanks for the update, we will be there in 2 weeks and our day at the Warriors is already packed full. Definitely don't need a two hour bus ride in the middle of it!

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Hello:

One more infromation, there are two types 306 parking at he same station ( cost same fee) , they are all run between the city and the terra-cotta warriors museum, one with colour pained Green which is tourist express to the worriors museum( only one stop, the Hua qing hot spring about one hour ride), the other one colour pained write and red strip like the public buses( no limitted stop, around two hours ) to the warrriors museum. I thought you took the wrong one.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Vancouver, Canada
3. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

I took a green 306(5) bus and it was not an express bus. Went to Huashan today and took the green minibus for 4 yuan to the visitor center. It detoured into town but the delay was only about 10 minutes. Wasn't sure where the minibus picked up when leaving Huashan and some random guy drove me to the train station for 5 yuan.

Boston...
reviews: 173
4. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Bus to terracotta warriors(306-5) is a great deal on a very comfortable bus.Taxi,or car would be very expensive and not that much quicker.

A metered taxi at Huashan is 10 yuan,20 yuan negotiated rate or less.

xi an
reviews: 29
5. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

thank you very much .it is very helpful

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Looks like I was overcharged at Huashan. The minibus should have only cost 2 yuan from other reports. It is a straight road direct from the Xian North train station to the Huashan main entrance. I would assume this is where to look for the minibus heading back to the station. For Terracotta Warriors, I took the 914 bus looking for the express bus but neither were express. The 306(5) is still the best option though.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
7. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

2 hrs? I think it's still not too long. It's normal they pick people up all along the way. And think about the terrible jam in city area.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
8. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Also always keep in mind, whatever you read from internet and people said, bus timetable is never a relibale thing in China. Only trust that of train, very few changes all year around.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
9. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Hello:

They didn't have timetable for the terra-cotta warriors shuttle bus exist. but the bus will leave for the warriors museum till it full.

hope this can help

xianhistorytouyguide

Vancouver
reviews: 44
10. Re: Update Bus Info for Airport and Terracotta Warriors

Is it still a mad mob scene getting on the 306 bus at the railway station, a memory never to forget from 7 years ago, or has some disciplined boarding line procedure been put in place. Leaving TCW was no problem. Hope to return next year.