We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 17
Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

If I take my family of 5 on a day trip to Luoyang for a visit to the Longmen Caves and Shaolin Temples, what is the ballpark cost for a tour guide & van to pick us up from the Longmen station => Longmen caves => Shaolin Temples => Longmen station? Is 1350 RMB reasonable? Is this day trip doable or too rushed?

Also, we'll be staying at Citadine Central, what's the best way to get to the Xi'an train station for the morning high speed train to Luoyang? I'm assuming it's the same for return to Citadine at about 10 pm at night?

Thanks in advance for your help!

xi an
reviews: 28
11. Re: Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

it is doable.but you need check the traffic if that is ok .

Jakarta
reviews: 11
12. Re: Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

Hmm

Katonah, NY
reviews: 316
13. Re: Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

We did this trip in a day, no problem. We took the bullet train to Luoyang. We had a guide and driver lined up to meet us, and at the end of the day, she took us to the other train station to catch an overnight train to Beijing. It will be a full day, but it is entirely possible to do it without difficulty. Enjoy.

14. Re: Day Trip to Longmen & Shaolin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014