We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 24
Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

Hi all, reposting in this forum...

We are arriving in Luoyang at 9pm at the train station, and was wondering how easy it was to get a taxi at that time? Should i pre-arrange one?

Same question for Xian.. arriving there at 8.30pm the next night. Heard its quite hard to get a taxi!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

reeree

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

Strange. You will be waved by people.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

oh dear.. is that a good or bad thing? should we pre arrange taxis?

thank you orientalred for your input!

Magog, Canada
reviews: 624
3. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

I had no issue with taxis in Xi'An. And there is always the subway.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

Hello;

You may not heard that the local taxi drivers are on strike in those days so that it is better use the subway or public bus like 603( double deck) to the Bell tower first.

No arrange taxi aviliable at Luoyang

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an
5. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

It's easy to get taxi in every where in China.You just tell the driver: ride to where ,use meter pay fee ok.

Luoyang
reviews: 1
6. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

I have never had trouble getting a taxi from the train station in Luoyang. The trouble has been keeping them from soliciting me. If you cannot get a taxi for some reason, there is a bus stop right outside the train station entrance. Obviously, I have no idea what hotel you are headed to but I would be glad to help if you need it.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

im at the New Friendship hotel, 6 Xiyuan Road, Luoyang

Worst comes to worst, will take the 603 to the bell tower and grab a cab from there!

thanks folks for your much valued input!

Xi'an, China
8. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

During this month, quite diffcult to take the taxi。

Tiffany。

9. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:06 am, May 20, 2013
Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Taxis in Luoyang and Xian?

Hi all,

Just back from our trip and thought i'd provide an update for others looking for taxis!

In Luoyang, the taxi stand is just outside the main entrance to the right. If you don't know where it is, you can walk by it (we did!) and miss it. As soon as you take a step out of the station, swing a hard right and you'll see the sign and a line. Getting a taxi was not a problem, but getting rid of the Taxi Touts was nuts! They hounded us right until we were at the front of the line! So just keep in the line and get in and you'll be fine!

In Xian, the taxi stand is at the south entrance/exit of the station. If you come in from Beijing, it will be to your right as you get off the platform. You'll see a huge taxi sign there. Lots of touts here too, but just get in the line and you are fine.

In both places, since we got there quite late at night, it was quite a long wait as taxis would come in sporadically. But they did come in, so be patient :-)