We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian tour guide - Michael

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Makati, Philippines
reviews: 49
Xian tour guide - Michael

My friends and I (there were four of us) went to Xi'an April 13-14 and decided to get Michael's services. It was a very good decision indeed. From the moment we went out of the arrival hall of the airport, Michael was there together with a driver who brought us to a Starex van and quickly offered us cold bottled water and cold face towels (as it was a warm spring morning that day).

We had a pre-arranged itinerary (which I and Michael agreed upon weeks before the tour) and we stuck to it and indeed it worked. (Michael was also quick to reply through email - that's one of his advantages actually!). From the airport we immediately went to the Terracotta Warriors where we stayed for around 3 hours. As in previous reviews, Michael was very knowledgable on both factual and anecdotal accounts about the terracotta warriors. We had a late lunch and he brought us to a local farmer's house that doubled as a small restaurant just right outside the museum complex. My friends and I loved the experience.

We drove for an hour to the city center and stopped by the Muslim Quarter and the Grand Mosque. From there he brought us to the Citadines Xian which is very near the Muslim Center (see my review in Xi'an hotels). He also showed us how to walk from the hotel to the Muslim Quarter.

The next day he was on time and he brought us to the City Wall where we went biking for an hour. From there we went to the Big Goose Pagoda and enjoyed what he said was "Asia's biggest fountain show." From there we had lunch and then went to Shaanxi Museum of History which is a must-see. Our last stop was the HuangYang Ling Tombs which he said were still new and not known to most tour guides. He brought us to the airport and accompanied us until we have checked in.

His English is very good and does not insist on tourist traps. We really were glad to have gotten his services.

Thanks, Michael!

His email address is michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn.

England
reviews: 4
1. Re: Xian tour guide - Michael

We spent a very enjoyable and interesting day with Michael in April visiting the Terracotta warriors. Michael was very efficient in pre-planning the day and flexible about our last-minute request for an earlier start. He is a very safe driver with a comfortable car and offered us a good range of free cold drinks.

He was a very good guide providing enough information without overwhelming us and pacing our visit to the site well. His spoken English is very good and he is an amusing and engaging companion. We had a good lunch in a local restaurant outside the site which we enjoyed. Michael had also arranged a pick-up from the airport for us on the previosu day and that worked very well. Thank you very much Michael. Jane and Mike

xi an
reviews: 6
2. Re: Xian tour guide - Michael

hello.thanks carlo .jane and mike

i also leant a lot from you .you are all wonderful people .

by the way my email changed to michaelylw@sina.com .< due to yahoo china will stop their email service at auguest > pls update .

3. Re: Xian tour guide - Michael

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 26, 2014