We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Huashan

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, UK
reviews: 61
Mount Huashan

We are going to be arriving by train from beijing for 3 nights in Xi'an. One of the days we want to visit Mount Huashan, so my question is, should we go straight from Xi'an north station into the city to stay for 3 nights and do Mount Huashan as a day trip, OR, should we head straight to huayin from Xi'an North to stay for 1 night then come back to Xi'an for 2 nights? Do all travel options from Xi'an to Mount Huashan involve going back to Xi'an North or are there other travel options - we speak no chinese so will be looking for the most straight forward way of getting there, having a good few hours on the mountain then getting back to Xi'an for the night. I get the impression that the accommodation options at the mountain are very limited and poor quality from reading TA reviews. We've not chosen a xi'an hotel yet, but considering sofitel/mercure or tang dynasty art hotel (like the look of the hotel and surrounding area of the last one but some concerns about limited english spoken there)

20 replies to this topic
Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Mount Huashan

Hello:

It is better for you spend two nights in xian, do one day trip to Hua mountain by bullent trains due to limited options left to choose the better hotels to stay over night at the foot of mountain.

The recommend of hotel you can use the Tang dynasty art hotel, nice location at the North square of Big wild goose pagoda, to enjoy the water fountain show ( 8:30-9:00p.m) right in front of the hotel with beautiful peaceful garden in the hotel.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Birmingham, UK
2. Re: Mount Huashan

thanks, we actually have 3 nights available in Xi'an - we intend to arrive by train from Xi'an late afternoon Tuesday, and don't fly out of Xi'an until Friday at 1830 so this gives us Weds, Thurs and most of Fri. Do you have a recommended itinerary and what time do you think we need to leave our hotel to get to the airport on the Friday? We are flying on to Guilin.

Xi'an, China
3. Re: Mount Huashan

Hello:

What you can do like this:

Tuesday: take the train to the city, relax at night.

Weds: Terra-cotta warriors museum, the Ban po village museum, biking on the wall, local Muslim quarter and great mosque, belll and drum tower square. Back the hotel afterwards.

Thurs: The Huan monutain one day tour take the Bullent train.

Fri: city cneter tour, the big wild goose pagoda, the shannxihistorymuseum, about leaving for the airport from the city about 3:00p.m, on the way to the airport to visit the Hanyang tomb( one hour), around 5:00p.m you will arrive at the airport to check in your flight.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Birmingham, UK
4. Re: Mount Huashan

Thank you - is it easy to arrange transport to Mount Huashan by yourself? It seems slightly confusing about where you need to go when you get off the bullet train and which station you go back to after coming back down the mountain.

Xi'an, China
5. Re: Mount Huashan

Hello:

There are many bullet trains you can choose to huashang( the nams of the station is north Hua mountain 华山北站)where you can board the train back to xi'an.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

San Francisco...
reviews: 48
6. Re: Mount Huashan

I was recently in Xi'an and did a day trip to Hua Shan. I got the train schedule from my hotel front desk then went to the Xi'an North Station (at the end of the subway line) to buy the tickets. I also don't know any Chinese so wrote down what I wanted and presented it. Be sure to bring your passport because you will need it to buy train tickets.

So, you will be going from Xi'an North Station to Hua Shan North Station - just a 30 min bullet train ride. From Hua Shan North, just take a taxi (30 rmb) to either (i) the Easter Gate tourist center to get a park bus to the cable car (you have to pay park entrance, bus and cable car -- I forgot how much but more than 300 rmb I think, bring cash), or (ii) to Jade Spring Temple/Huashan Gate to hike up 6 km (pay only park entrance). I hiked up the latter and came down via the cable car then took a taxi back to the train station. Again, for the taxis, be sure to have written down in Chinese characters where you want to go.

Note: the hikes are all on concrete and/or stone steps. Expect lots of people at the top even during the week, and lots more during the weekend. Don't expect quiet and solitude, except for certain parts if you are hiking up the 6 km route. But the vistas are pretty spectacular, especially on Dragon Ridge. Enjoy!

Birmingham, UK
7. Re: Mount Huashan

Thank you for all the useful information - its much appreciated and will be useful to take with us.

Asia
reviews: 53
8. Re: Mount Huashan

If I do this Huashan trip again, I might stay somewhere in Huashan downtown so I can climb Huashan again on the 2nd day. Ticket is for 2 days.

You can do all by yourself when you don't speak Chinese if you take the bullet train to Huashan. On your way back to Xi'an, if you miss the 5:25pm bullet train, you must wait until 7:05pm for another train from Shenzhen. This one is very fast and takes only 30 minutes to Xi'an North Train Station. The staff might hand you the time table when you walk out of the North Huashan Station (Huashan Bei Zhan).

You also can use the bus for 2 yuan in front of Huashan Bei to Tourist Center where you can buy entrance ticket and inner bus. After that, you'll see the cable car station. Buy your ticket there.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 45
9. Re: Mount Huashan

The above information is very helpful, I now have a good idea about Huashan visit.

We only have 2 days(2 nights) in Xi'an. Arrive Xi'an North from GZ 440PM. 2 nights Citadine Central.

leave on 3rd day Z20 19:55 to BJ.

We like to visit Huashan. Above said whole day trip, wonder if it can shorter?

If we take early morning bullet train from Xi'an north to Huashan North, take taxi or bus to gate, take cable car up and down, no hiking but with some walk around near peak. Then fast train back to X'an north, subway back to Citadine Central. Have dinner then go take Z20 train to Beijing @ 19:55.

How many hours will that Huashan visit take?

Xi'an, China
10. Re: Mount Huashan

Hello:

One more thing you may ignore that what time do you want to travel to Huashan, if you choose the time like the public holidy or very busy time for the summer holiday for the students, the montain is very busy, the time you wait for taking for cable car from the crowd local tourists is hard to count in your time schedule.

hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Reply to: Mount Huashan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted