We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Xi'An via public transportation

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport, Iowa
reviews: 13
Getting around Xi'An via public transportation

My fiance and I have decided to try and use public transportation to see the sites in Xi'an during our 3 day trip next week and I had a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1) We are staying at Xian Warriors Youth Hostel, No.98 Bei Ma Dao Xiang(Inside Yu Xiang Men), City Midst District, Xian, China 710002--we were thinking of taking the airport express to the Bell Tower and doing some exploring of this area (Big and Small Goose Pagoda, bell tower, etc.) before going to our hotel as our flight gets into Xi'an at 9:30 am. What would be the best option for us to get from the Bell Tower area to our hotel...I've looked at maps and looks like possibly ~5 km on foot?? I also know that bus 501 and 506 have a stop close to the area of our hotel but I do not know where these routes go.

2) We would like to catch bus 306 to the TC soldiers and again were thinking about walking from the hotel, do you think this is feasible, or would we be better off taking a taxi or bus??

3) What is the best way to get to Banpo Museum?? Is there a bus, subway or train that goes close to this area??

Thanks!!

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Getting around Xi'An via public transportation

Hello:

1, You can use the shuttle bus arrive at the Bell tower, you can walk through the under tunnel under the Bell tower to the Xian post office buliding where you can take bus k235, only 4 bus stop to the Xuxiang men where your hotel is located. It is better way to save more time and engergy to the real sites to use the public bus . If you want to visit the littel wild goose pagoda, you can use the Bus 21 at the Yuxiang men. the same bus can take you the big wild goose pagoda when you finish the little wild goose pagoda.

2. Take the bus 103, to the train station directly. Use the public bus 306 ( Green colour 2 stops to the worriors museum, not the red with red strip ones more than 10 stops to the warriors museum)

3. Better use teh taxi to the Ban po village museun if you are really interested in.

Hope this can help.

xianhistorytourguide

Edited: 8:13 am, April 21, 2013
2. Re: Getting around Xi'An via public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 23, 2014