We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing to Xian?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
50 reviews
Beijing to Xian?

Hey all, I'm in the midst of planning my 30 day trip to China.

My partner and I are spending 6 days in Beijing to start, then down to Xian for 2 nights. My question is, should we get a plane or should we train it?

I'm keen to experience a train to see all the scenery, but I am really not keen on an overnight train. I don't want to sleep on one at all. So, keeping that in mind, is there a fast train to Xian? Are tickets hard to come by? When do they get released for purchase?

Thanks very much in advance! :)

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
32,482 posts
695 reviews
11. Re: Beijing to Xian?

@Ivan Y - your information is wrong. Tickets can be bought 20 days ahead, even during the holidays.

Xi'an, China
6 posts
12. Re: Beijing to Xian?

I think the best choose is take fast train to xian .the ticke is easy to get about ahead 5 days. please believe me !

hope this help

Michael chen xian guide

13. Re: Beijing to Xian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 26, 2014