We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Shan new west peak cable car

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 8
Hua Shan new west peak cable car

I've heard that there is a new cable car at the west peak. What is a good and relatively easy way to make use of this and perhaps along with the old one at the north peak for a day trip to see Hua Shan?

xi an
reviews: 6
1. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

the new cable car is start 1st april . throught .this .you will see the beautiful view ,much better than old cable car .it cost 140 yuan one way to go to the top of west peak .you need buy bus tickets to there .bus ticket is 40 to west peak 40 minutes drive .and almost 30 minutes up to the peak .then you can start from west peak to others .then later go down from the north peak cable car .

Edited: 7:57 am, April 15, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

Thanks for the reply. Would you know how long it will take for a middle aged person to hike from the west peak to the north peak? I am concerned about timing as I hope to catch a train to Chengdu on the same day around 8pm.

Xi'an
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

In this case I suggest you start very early in the morning, say 7am. If you plan to use the new cable car, you can visit the west peak, the south peak, if time permits, also the east peak, then go back with the new calbe car.

Hope this helps,

xianprivatetour

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

Hello:

Another option for you to use the bullent train start at 8:00a.m, you will arrive in Huashang at 8:30a.m, you still have plenty time to enjoy the view at th emountain.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

xi an
reviews: 6
5. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

from west peak to north peak is about 1.5 to 2 hours for mid age person .takes 10minutes down to the mountain .then 20 minutes back to ticket office .if you arrive there in the morning .i guess you still have enough time to catch the train . hope this can help .

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

Thanks all for the replies. Yes I do intend to take the earliest bullet train. Guess I will have time to at least go up the west peak and down the north peak.

Xi'an
7. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

How about this arrangement? 1)take High speed train----Shuttle bus from Bottom of montain---cablecar---west peak---walking down to north peak----cablecar down ---shuttle bus to parking eare--take train back Xi'an---Shuttle bus---airport.2) Save time way: hire a driver to help you:Xi'an---Huashan---airport. Thanks wbptrip

Xi'an, China
8. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

you take high speed train to hua shan,spend one day over there。from north peak you will take cable car only 15minutes․then to south coming back.

Tiffany

Xi'an, China
reviews: 1
9. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

I think you can take a high-speed train to the Hua shan Mt,buy the ticket in the tourist service center ,then you have to take a mini-bus to station of cable car ,take a cable car to West peak,then visit each of peaks!When you climb each of peaks,you will see most of the treil is very narrow and steep,some parts are almost vertical.Iran chains have been set up along the path.so courage and adventurous spirit are still necessary.

Have a nice trip

Ivan in Xi'an

Xi'an, China
10. Re: Hua Shan new west peak cable car

We've been there many times. I think it takes you around 3hrs to cover five peaks (from West Peak to North Peak). you need to know it's peak season . so it's jammed and packed with lots of tourists waiting the cable car for going downhill on top of North Peak. so you'd better arrange enough time for that (North Peak---Huashan North Train Station). hope you do not miss your train.