We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 7
Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

hi, i intend to travel from Bejing to Xian via bullet train then to Mt Hu Shan in December as a solo traveller

Can i climb this mountain in December or will it be too cold with snow?

will it be dangerous? can't seem to find any info on this subject....

any advice appreciated? thanks.

beijing
reviews: 5
1. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

It will be cold and probably windy regardless. If it's been a dry season, it's doable if you're properly attired, though maybe uncomfortable if you're not used to outdoor activiites in winter. If there's been recent snow, the paths will be icy and slippery and it will definitely be hazardous, similar to most Chinese mountains under similar conditions. (Parts of Huashan are dangerous at any time of year, BTW.) Also Huashan this time of year may have fog which can range from atmospheric to complete loss of visibility and view. Basically, you'll need to get to Xi'an and see what conditions have been and also weather forecast, then make a final decision on whether to go or not.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 9
2. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

One of my visits was 2011.12 and stayed one night at the Eastern Peak.

Thanks for the maintenance staffs, they clean up the icy path at the early morning, thus no hazardous (especially at the Cang Long Ridge) when downhill

Agreed with #1, ‘you'll need to get to Xi'an and see what conditions have been and also weather forecast, then make a final decision on whether to go or not’.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
3. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Hello:

Since globe warming affect this city a lot, if you decide to climb up the monutain at the begining of the December, the weather shoud be fine. ( not too cold). Meanwhile you also can buy the discount tickets at that time.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistoryourguide

singapore
reviews: 7
4. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

thanks everyone for sharing!!

Asia
reviews: 70
5. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

I have a question please.

Is Huashan and Cuihua the same place?

TA has a listing for Cuihua at this address:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298557-d1…

Thank you.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 624
6. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Not the same at all but judging by the reviews, people seem to confuse the two.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 9
7. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Re post#5, Cuihua shan and Hua Shan are different places.

Cuihua Shan at Xian south while Hua Shan at Xian east.

Some photos at the tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298557-d1… are mixed up these two places.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
8. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Hello:

Those two mountains are all the branch of the Qinling ( Qin range mountain backbone mountain of China), one is very popular for the locals ( Cuihua mounatin), one is world kown for the steep cliffs( Hua mountain).

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Asia
reviews: 70
9. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

Thank you all for your replies. I should ask TA to make a new listing for Huashan. They only have Cuihua now and people are posting photos of Huashan to it.

xi an
reviews: 29
10. Re: Climbing Mt Hua Shan in December

the september is ok for hua shan mountain .not cold yet .they just start a new cable car recently .you can go to weat peak by new cable .then hiking the other peaks .goes down from north peak cable .

hope this can help you

michael yang