We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Tour Guide - Linda

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 16
Great Tour Guide - Linda

We spent two days with Linda in Xi'an in March 2013 and I would like to recommend her as a great guide, she was kind and thoughtful. She was very knowledgeable about the terracotta warriors, she is very passionate about Xi'an, she was funny also, which our teenage daughter loved.

The driver she used was very competent and the mini bus had bags of room.

She took us to a animal sanctuary, where we were lucky enough to see pandas and brown bears. We really enjoyed her information about the culture, food and life of Chinese people.

Her email address is xianprivatetour@gmail.com.

Dallas
1. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

Howand how much does she charge?

2. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

Linda....LINDA!!!

The Linda that took us on a trip to the tomb/great wall/freshwater pearl showroom.... Where, as I discovered, I had waylaid my wallet, congested with credit cards, licences,and cash.... That LINDA?.

When we discovered my loot was lost, snapped into action, DID LINDA.

Whilst my age and travels have experienced remarkable things, trying to calm Linda by saying it was only money and replaceable cards, did little to quell her ambition in the quest to remedy and return the said item.

In a TOWN of 23,000 000 souls, more than a few less fortunate than myself, loss seemed inevitable.

But........ Not so..... TRUST ME!.... sez..... LINDA

The smell of melting plastic from an overtaxed cellphone filled the minibus atmosphere.

20mins later the return callers are coming back with the news that astounded all but.....LINDA.

2 hour drive across a snow drifted city,indeed, reunited my pigskin pal..... All intact!!

So ... I salute (1) LINDA, (2) the professional and competent chauffeur, (3) The Beijing Police Force.

But the true accolade goes to the two female tourists who,without risk of reward, denied to leave their names or contact details with the federales. There is a karma train is still being loaded with all the best in life's rewards and bound in your direction.... Wherever that may be.

Thankyou for paying it forward.

Regards and respect

Mike f C

Bath, United Kingdom
3. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

Hi,

We paid 2,400 RBM for two full days, this included Linda, the driver, the minibus and the transfers between hotel and airport the day prior and the day afterwards.

We paid for entrances to museums etc ourselves,

They picked us up at around 9 O'Clock each morning and the tour carried on until the evening.

The Linda tour guide I am talking about is in Xi'an.

Hope this helps

xi'an china
4. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

what'sthis?

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
reviews: 91
5. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

About 1,200 yuan a day for driver and guide in Xi'an is at the top of the range. You can do better looking for a combination English-speaking driver. Most of the touring, museums, etc. are self-explanatory or with sufficient signage and books to study before you arrive. In other words, do your homework on Xi'an before you arrive and you will have a far more enriching time.

Some professional guides in China lean more toward jokes, stories and a pleasant personality than meaty commentary on what you are seeing. Factoids do not work for me. I want some insight if I pay for a guide. Lastly, we do not know if this included the undisclosed shopping stops. I detest them more for the wasted time which could have been used for the provincial museum or city wall, rather than the way over-priced goods featured in these places which pay the guides 40-50% of everything you buy.

Xi'an
reviews: 1
6. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

Thanks for your review.We also went to see the panda at Louguantai, so the price is reasonable.

7. Re: Great Tour Guide - Linda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2014