Dear all, just to share with all of you my trip to Xi'an recently.
6 March 2013 (Wed):
-arrange airport transfer with Tour Guide Linda.
-Airport Transfer was good and punctual. No complains.
- we checked-in Grand Mercure Xi'an. Good Hotel located very near to several big malls by 10 minutes walking (Wanda Plaza being one of them). Hotel is also not too far away from the Bell Tower, Muslim Quarter etc. Taxi/Tuk-tuk style cab is about RMB 10 each way to the Muslim Quarters.
7 March 2013 (Thurs):
- we booked a day city tour with Linda. She was great in many ways. Most importantly, very approachable, friendly, informative and speaks clear english. She and her driver was very punctual to pick us up from Grand Mercure.
- started the day visiting Terracotta Workshop. Very good insights on how the terracotta was being made. we then proceed to the Terracotta Museum.
- Then we proceed to the Muslim Quarters and the Great Mosque.
- Then we visited the City Walls
- Finally we visited the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Overall, very good service from Linda.
8 March 2013 (Friday)
- we arrange a driver to Mount Hua San with Linda.
- again good vehicle was provided. Driver directed us as to where to buy tickets etc.
- Took cable car up to North Peak. Very awesome view at Mount Hua San. Worth the long journey getting there.
- Driver took us back to Grand Mercure. Arrive our hotel roughly about 6.30pm.
- Night time, we wondered around Muslim Quarter for food. Also, to get a nice night view of the Drum & Bell Tower
9 March 2013 (Saturday)
- took tuk-tuk/taxi to Bell Tower & Drum Tower. Then we took the Metro Line 2 to City Wall South Gate. Then we continue shopping around Drum Tower area - plenty of shopping malls around.
- had early dinner at Sofitel (Sofitel is just located opposite grand Mercure). Nice food.
- our airport transfer (arranged with Linda) arrived punctually. We flew from Xi'an to Chengdu.
Overall, Xi'an is a very nice city. Areas around Bell Tower & Drum Tower is very central and convenient but it can also means very congested with traffic. So, we do appreciate Grand mercure location (which is about 20 minutes walk away) or hardly 5 minutes tuk tuk ride. The Metro in Xi'an is not very useful to get to the attractions. Maybe, in the near future, when more lines of the Metro are operational, it will be easier to travel around xi'an. Thanks to Linda and her team for making our vacation a memorable one.