We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Xi'an, China
Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

I need an accurate, comprehensive, bus route map for Xi'an in English. I have the tourist map which shows many of the routes but not all. Can't ind anything on-line or in bookstore or map stores here in Xi'an.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

Hello:

Maybe you can try the Foreign language book store is located very close the Bell tower to find the map you want it.

Enjoy your stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an, China
2. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

Thanks for the lead. Can you please be a little more specific about where this bookstore is?

beijing
reviews: 5
3. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

I have never seen a comprehensive bus route map in English for any Chinese city and that includes Beijing and Shanghai. My suggestion is to get one in Chinese that is graphically easy to read. Even if you can't read Chinese characters, you should be able to recognize city layout with major landmarks, learn characters for the most major boulevards, and read the numbers and follow the route lines.

Even without reading Chinese, I'd take a good Chinese language bus route map over a crappy, incomplete English one any day.

http://ditu.google.com is useful at the zoom-in level, to pretty accurately identify bus stop locations and the routes served for each. This is helpful if you have a common journey between two points to figure out, but of course does not replace a holistic bus route map.

Edited: 12:41 pm, March 09, 2013
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
4. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

The map can expire soon after published. Bus schedule of China are something dynamically changing.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
5. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

Hello:

Right at the East street( 东大街), there is department store named Tangcheng (唐城商城),next to this buliding, you can find that book store.

hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Magog, Canada
reviews: 594
6. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

I doubt that there is such a thing in english for Xi'An. It does not even exist for Beijing. I have seen a Beijing bus map of Beijing, it is actually a book.

I find best to use Google maps. When you zoom in enough you see all the bus stops. Then you can use the "directions" function to figure out which buses will get you from here to there.

xi an
reviews: 28
7. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

there is another book store at entrance端里门。it is just 5monutes walk from bell tower hotel

Asia
reviews: 70
8. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

I'm with kvchina that we can just know some main places in Chinese character, see it on the bus signage, and take the bus passing there. It works for me in China.

Xi'an, China
9. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

In that store I never saw this kind of book about you said。 I think maybe you can use computer to find.

Tiffany

10. Re: Accurate, comprehesive bus route map for Xi'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 29, 2014