We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

I am planning to visit Beijing--Xi'an--Jiuzhaigou--Chengdu. I want to stay at Jiuzhaigou for 2 days/3 nights. But I could not find a tour company for this offer. They only give 1 day/2 nights at Jiuzhaigou. If the tour stay at Jiuzhaigou for two days, I won't too grumble about the shopping. Is any one know a tour company offer 2 days/3 nights at Jiuzhaigou? Otherwise I have to flight by myself from Xi'an to huanglong, hire a taxi to Jiuzhaigou, stay there for 2 days/3 nights, hire a taxi again from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong, then flight to Chengdu.

Thank you so much for your assistant.

Blueys Beach...
reviews: 181
1. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Are you considering joining a tour for companionship because as you pointed out it's easy to do this trip independently? There are lots of taxis waiting at the airport and at the hotels. Jiuzhaigou National Park is one of the most stunning places on earth!

Chengdu, China
2. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

It depends on your budget whether to take a tour around Jiuzhaigou or travel independently.

beijing
reviews: 5
3. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

You don't need a tour, and it would be horrible to be on one inside the park. They aren't any great bargain, either. Instead do this:

1) Book your flights XIY-JZH and JZH-CTU. Use www.travelzen.com, www.ctrip.com or www.elong.net. The first one doesn't charge an extra 3% for using a foreign credit card.

2) Book your hotel at Jiuzhaigou. You can also use ctrip or elong for this. www.sinotrip.com is also reliable. The best location is a hotel in Pengfeng, since everything there is within walking distance of the park entrance. Ask if the hotel will do an airport pickup and how much it will be. If it's RMB 250 or less (total for the car, not per person), take it. Otherwise, there will be plenty of taxis at the airport--all they need is a hotel/address name in Chinese, which you can print off the internet.

3) Don't worry about setting up a return ride back to the airport. That is best done in Jiuzhaigou, the day before you need to go back. There are tons of taxis around that will take you.

1) and 2) will take a total of about 3-4 hours of your time to do a little research and make the bookings. Then once in Jiuzhaigou, you just get to the ticket office and buy your tickets yourself. There are plenty of eateries and supermarkets/shops etc. for anything you might need.

Blueys Beach...
4. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

We were there in November 2011. We flew in from Chengdu and had intended going directly to Huanglong from the airport before continuing on to our hotel. We decided to leave it for another day because we had a very early start and were booked in to the Sheraton for 5 nights. Unfortunately Huanglong was snowed in the next day so we included a day trip to Songpan from Juizhaigou. When we arrived at the airport there was a queue of taxis, the trip takes about 1 1/2 hours on a winding mountain road. The Sheraton is close to the park, you can walk or take a taxi. The park has a large modern building where you can purchase your ticket. Buses in the park are included in the entrance price and you get a brochure which shows the attractions. The buses are hop on hop off, you do one side the first day and the other side the next. If you prefer you can hire a guide to take you in to the park but you certainly wouldn't find it an advantage to be part of a tour group. The Sheraton hotel has a fantastic Sichuan restaurant where we ate every night and even had a couple of lunches and still didn't try every dish!

Blueys Beach...
5. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Visit www.jiuzhai.com which is the official national park site. You can download the map which is the same as you get in the park. It will give you an idea of how the sightseeing works. Enjoy!

beijing
6. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Minor correction to #4's comments on Jiuzhaigou Park entry fees, just so nobody is confused. The internal ecoshuttle buses are not included in the basic price, but are actually a separate ticket. Entry fee is RMB 220 (except in winter) and the bus fee is RMB 90. Most tourists do end up buying both tickets together, since using the bus cuts out a lot of hiking time otherwise required to get between certain sites. But some heavy hiker types spending two days at the park, prefer to do without on at least one of the days, depends on the path you want to take inside.

Having said that, once in the park and at the buses, there seems to be no demand to ever show the bus ticket when getting on at any stop.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Thank you so much for the suggestions from Marj H, Wanderchina, and kvchina.

I read tons of jiuzhaigou's, xi’an, and chengdu’s forum for the past 24 hours, and come up the following preliminary itinerary as independent travelers: hire a taxi at airport for 4 days about RMB700 (thanks members of Tripadviser) (only Day 1 and Day 4??, Do I need a cab from Hotel to entrance?) . On the way to valley, visit huanglong for 4-5 hours as Marj did, cross my fingers and pray for good weather, then head to jiuzhaigou in the afternoon or evening. Visit valley for 2 days, may see a show at night. Day 4 the same taxi driver will take me back to jiuzhaigou airport to Chengdu.

Sound better, yeh?

Blueys Beach...
8. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

Sorry, I forgot the bus tickets were extra! It was quite walkable from the Sheraton but depends on which hotel you choose. We took taxis to the park and walked back to get an early start. The buses in the park were crowded but we found that because we walked between stops on boardwalk around the lakes most of the others dropped off and we encountered very few people. As far as Huanglong is concerned we were there in November so there was more risk of being snowed in. It was a disappointment to miss out but Jiuzhai more than made up for that. We attended a Tibetan show at the Sheraton and that was very enjoyable.

Blueys Beach...
9. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

BTW, I booked an Advance Purchase rate on Jiuzhaigou Sheraton Hotel's own website. It was much cheaper than other sites were offering. We didn't get breakfast included in our rate but I see their advance purchase rate now includes breakfast.

beijing
10. Re: stay in Jiuzhaigou for 2 days and 3 night

#7. Do what you said, except DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT engage one taxi driver for days 1 and 4. It simply is unnecessary and you run the risk of the driver finding a better prospect and just not showing up on you on Day 4. When you arrive, either have a prearranged driver for that day only (incl Huanglong with a wait for you) OR negotiate with a taxi driver at the airport. Then get a separate driver just for the airport trip on Day 4. You have plenty of time to get to the airport from Jiuzhaigou, and there are plenty of drivers.

On Days 2 and 3, you will not need a driver if you stay in Pengfeng Village. Most of the various hotels and inns are located anywhere from a 5-20 minute walk to the Park entrance, on sidewalks. The Sheraton, mentioned above, is the only "intl name brand hotel" in Pengfeng and probably one of the better quality places to stay (and more expensive). But there are plenty of other places as well--just book in advance, for sure.

Edited: 12:18 am, March 03, 2013