We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 124
4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

I am finalising my trip in Sept and am hoping to get some suggestions to my itinerary. Here's what I have in mind:

Day 1 (terracotta, Qin Shihuang tomb, noodle making class, Banpo Ancient village)

Day 2 Old City wall, big Wild Goose Pagoda, Drum Tower, Xian Museum, Muslim District)

Day 3 (Famen Temple, Qianling tomb)

Day 4 Huashan (Mountain Hua)

Day 5 - free

Did Imiss out anything? I can shorten or lengthen my days. Thank you in advance.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 15
1. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

This is too much time for Xian. Give 2 days to Beijing instead.

Hangzhou, China
2. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Miss the night show, haha....

Tang Dynasty Show and you also can have a taste of the Dumpling Banquet.

Your itinerary looks well and maybe the first day, it will be a little rush. The terracotta is out of the city center. If you want to go to noodle making class, maybe could not enjoy very well. Thanks.

xi an
reviews: 6
3. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

hello .your itinerary is ok. .you can see most things in xi an .also try different types food here .especially noodles .dumplings.

but most tourist only spend two days here .because they are not going to famen temple . qianling tomb and huashan mountain.it is depand on your own taste .

hope this can help

Xi'an,Shannxi...
4. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Hi,your tour itinerary is fine,but according to my working experiences in the past few years as a guide ,i would love to recommend the major attractions in Xi'an and its vincinities,and also,i skip some of the sites that i personally don't think you will keen to that,for example,i skip the Banpo Village,it's old,but it's not that intresting,and spending some 65RMB for one ticket is not that worthy.Speaking of the Bell and Drum Tower,you don't have to climb to the top since there are not much to see,but anyway,you may do it since it's nearby the moslim quarters.

I would send you an suggested tour itinerary for some 4 days as follows:

Day 1:Visiting the Big Wild Goose Pagoda in the morning,then start the visit to the Terra-cotta Warriors.After TCW,return back to Xi'an city .Enjoy the dinner show in the evening,which is very popular dumpling banquet and the Tang dynasty show.

Day 2:Visiting the Qianling,which is the tomb for the only famel ruler in the Chinese history,the tomb of Yongtai princess and the Famen Temple,in which the only finger bone of the funder of Buddism is kept .Return back to Xi'an in the late afternoon.

Day 3:Hiking on Huashan montain (http://www.xianprivatetours.com/article/12.html ) Return back to Xi'an in the afternoon and visit the ancient City Wall,the best preserved wall in China with a history over 600 years.

Day 4:Visiting Louguantai ,the first taoist temple in China,then visit the panda reserve center,from there, you may see all the different wild animals and the giant pandas.Return back to the city and explore around in the alive Moslim Quarters,in which the local moslems are centralized.

Hopefuly it will help.

Wish you pleasant visit in Xi'an.

Allenguo

Xianprivatetours

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 154
5. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Personally, I think it is easy to fill 4-5 days in Xi'an, especially if Mt. Hua is included. Being something of a history/archaeology buff helps, but the Terracotta Warriors, Mosque, and city wall are all of general interest. You could squeeze those into one day.

The museum is one of the better ones in China. Museums can take a lot of time if you really want to see everything, so I find it best to just look at one or two exhibit halls.

Banpo is probably only of interest to people who are into archaeology, like me.

My visitors are usually interested in seeing the unusual old Nestorian Christian stele in the Forest of Steles. If nothing else, it does really exemplify what a cosmopolitan place Xi'an used to be.

I think Han Yang Ling is very worthwhile for half a day. It is a very nice museum built around a tomb that includes a wonderful collection of small terracotta figurines that include various officials, members of the court and not just soldiers. Also, it is not crowded.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
6. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Hello:

Because you still have more time to spend at the city down town, you can put the little wild goose pagoda and the eighth immotals temple in your plan which are all nice place, you can miss in my city.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 124
7. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

Thank you for all sharing and your suggestions. Planning makes so much easier with all experts on board. Much appreciated.

8. Re: 4-5 days in Xian Itinerary help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 26, 2014