We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yarn for knitting

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boiling Springs...
reviews: 12
Yarn for knitting

hello! i am looking for suggestions for finding a store or market that sells yarn (wool, cashmere, bamboo, or silk) for knitting in Xi'an; also please tell me the word and character for yarn. thank you!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: Yarn for knitting

No place better than 长乐路轻工市场 (Light Industry Market at Changle Lu). Every taxi driver should know this place. In the market, show people 请问哪里有卖毛线的? (where can i buy wool yarns?)

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: Yarn for knitting

Hello:

You only find it at very small local market, in the big shops you can't find it

Enjoy your stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Boiling Springs...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Yarn for knitting

thank you so much for your prompt replies. i look forward to checking out the Light Industry Market! Can't wait to see your beautiful city !

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Yarn for knitting

Hello:

Light Industry market was enlarged like a very big shopping mall for many years ago, i don't think you can find yarn over there, but if you can further to the east about one bus station from it, you may try 康复路小商品批发市场( Knagfulu small commodity whole sale market).Probably you can find it

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

xi an
reviews: 6
5. Re: Yarn for knitting

both palces they mentioned are good .and they are close to each other .10 minutes walk from this one to another .you need bargain in there .

6. Re: Yarn for knitting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014