We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell calls from Xi'an to USA

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
cell calls from Xi'an to USA

Hi there,

I'm looking for cost-effective ways to call from Xi'an, China back to the US. I have an unlocked quad-band dual-sim phone that will (should?) work.

I assume that I'm should be planning to get a new SIM, but I 'm open to any solutions.

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
31,430 posts
624 reviews
1. Re: cell calls from Xi'an to USA

If you have a smartphone you could just use Skype.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
959 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: cell calls from Xi'an to USA

Hello;

I agree with above, use the Skype.

hope this can help

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
258 posts
3. Re: cell calls from Xi'an to USA

That's right, using skype is the best option for cost-effective ways to call from Xi'an, China back to the US. or using that at any Internet bar in Xi'an.

it's easy for you to get new SIM in China, yes, this is another good way. very easy.

Xi'an
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: cell calls from Xi'an to USA

Of cause use Skype is always the best way, convinient and save money.

of cause you can buy a new sim card, but it will cost a lot, like 8-9 yuan/minute;

IP card will be less expensive.

ifyou stay long time in China, China has one type of Computer chat soft ware, you simplily download a QQ in your computer, and regist to be a QQ member, the same , you family also needs a QQ number, in this way you can chat without any problerm.

5. Re: cell calls from Xi'an to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 19, 2014