We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Hello I am a young solo backpacker traveling to Xi'an in mid april. It looks like being based in Xi'an, day trips to Luoyang and Mt. Huashan are on the itinerary.. But I am wondering how many days are needed to see the sights in Xi'an itself?

Magog, Canada
reviews: 455
1. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

For Xi'An itself two days are fine but it depends on how fast you like to go. This does not include the side trips that you mention.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
2. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Two days are fine for Xian city and the worriors. But i'd prefer three days if time isn't my concern.

Xi'an, China
3. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Most people take 2 days tour in Xian for the main attractions. Actually, there are some more places to visit. It all depends on your personal interest and your time in China.

Jane ^_^

Sydney, New South...
reviews: 10
4. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Seems 2 days is the general opinion and I do agree. One day for the terracotta warriors (though it's not a full day tour really) and that stuff. One day to fully explore the old quarter/muslim section of the city and to ride around on top of the city walls. This is something I rarely see mentioned in suggestions for things to do in Xi'an.. not sure why.. it's a great way to see the inner city and the city walls. You basically walk down to main gate (the one you'll come through when arriving from the airport), make your way across the busy road (tricky.. but fun in its own way).. and then go up on the wall itself and hire a bike to ride around on.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
5. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Hello:

For the most important sites like the terra-cotta warriors museum, the big wild goose pagoda, the city wall ( bike on it if the weather is fine), the great mosque and local muslim quarter, bell and drum tower square. One day is total enough if you can start your tour at 8:00a.m.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

xi an
reviews: 6
6. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

hello .one day for terra cotta and city tour .another day for huashan mountain .

so two days will be enough .

Winnipeg, Canada
7. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

Thanks so much everybody!

8. Re: How Many Days Needed inside Xi'an city??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 10, 2014