We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 14
1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

I only have one day to visit and plan to get there very early to make the most of the day. What is the best route to Trek?

We are both very fit and experienced hikers.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 457
1. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

If you have enough courage you can try this route: http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin27d.htm

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Hello:

You may take the earliest bullent train to reach the mountain from Xian, then climb up the mounatin from the botton.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an
3. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Two ways to do that.1) Take early bullent train to go there;2)Hire a trive take you go thereand come back. Thanks wbptrip

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

My question isnt on how to get there.

I wont to know, since I only have 1 full day there, which I assume isnt enough time to walk on tracks. Which routes are best to take, which peaks are the 'must' to visit?

Jean-Pierre - thank you for that information. Now that they have harnesses and it wont be snowing when I go, I have every intention to walk the plank!

Xi'an
5. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

One full day for Huashan mountain,but you only have 3 or fours for hiking.Because take fast train or hire a driver,both take 2 hours on the way.So you can see 2 peaks(3peaks back Xi'an about 9pm).Cablecar take you to north peak,than you can see middle peak and west peak).Thanks beiping w

Xi'an, China
6. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Hello:

Since you have one full day over there ( 8:30a.m-7:00p.m), you have enough time to climb up the mountain from the botton to the the top peaks,. it will you take you about 5-6 hours only for the single trip if you are in good body condition. You don't have to use the cabcar so that you an enjoy the mountain view well.

All the peaks are all must because each of them have different features.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Sydney, Australia
7. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

I just had a look at the train timetable.

Since I am traveling form Luoyang to Xian. Maybe it is best if I travel Luoyang to Huashan and stay 1 night, visit Mt Huashan and then catch the last train to Xian at 20.05.

Then I am not wasting time doubling back and will not be pressed for time. I wont lose any time in Xian either.

Would you recommend I stay nearer to the train station or the Mountian entry Gate? Or is there somewhere nice you can recommend as a taxi doesnt cost very much?

Xi'an, China
8. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Hello:

I recommend you to sue the hotel located as clsoer as the mountain hill so that you can save more time to enjoy the mounatin expecially the peak season because the some the local tourist group also keep the same plan like you stay over nignt and climb up the mountain at the early morning.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an, China
9. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

Hello:

I recommend you to use some the hotels ( they have lot) located as closer as the mountain, so that you can save more time to buy your tickets early to avoid the local tourist groups either you will hike or take the cablecar because many local tourist groups also keep the same plan like you, stay over night, climb up the mountain at the early morning if you choose the peak tourist season to travel in this area.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an
10. Re: 1 Day at Mt. Hueshan

That's a good idea! Luoyang--Huashan--Xi'an,Stay 1 night in Huashan,next morning hike top,than take last bullent train to Xi'an. Thanks wbptrip