We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian to Macau

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Xian to Macau

Hi everyone, I am planning my September China holiday and would like to know what types of transportation are available from Xian to Macau? Eg..air, bus, train ?? And would appreciate website addresses. Thanks in advance.

beijing
reviews: 5
11. Re: Xian to Macau

Tip: If you have to cross at Gongbei into Macau, never do it on a weekend. You'll be sorry......

Brisbane
12. Re: Xian to Macau

Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated. Have decided to take KVChina advice and fly to zhuhai with china southern airlines. But just a few more questions. Do I need a special visa to enter Macau from China? I will be staying in Macau four nights only. Can I purchase my tickets online on china southern website from Australia?

Xi'an, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
13. Re: Xian to Macau

KvChina is correct, i couldn't image Zhuhai might have flight connection to Xian, although it's a sub-direct flight Zhuhai-Xian with a stopover for the moment at Changsha. Stopover is more easy than connection since you don't need to check in twice.

I just checked it on their website in English. Flight and rate shown. Macau is 30-day visa free to Australia passport holder.

Brisbane
14. Re: Xian to Macau

Thank you OrientalRed, your help has been much appreciated. :)

beijing
reviews: 5
15. Re: Xian to Macau

If you're traveling on an Aussie passport, no visa needed for shorter stays in Macau.

Tip: you can book the China Southern flight yourself from Australia but don't use their website--the English user-interface and foreign card payment system isn't that great. Instead, use one of the following that have good English language interfaces and also phone customer service help that you can access from outside and inside China. :

www.travelzen.com (My preference because no 3% surcharge added for using foreign cc).

www.ctrip.com (excellent customer service and lots of help if there are flight irregularities/disruptions)

www.elong.net

For September travel, don't book a domestic China flight too early, definitely not now. Fares and final schedules are loaded into the system on a quarterly basis. So maybe start looking for good fares around mid-July, maybe book by early August.

Brisbane
16. Re: Xian to Macau

You have been wonderful help KVChina! I was looking at purchasing on Southern China airlines but with your advice, I will choose your first option. many thanks again. Reminder already added to purchase in August.

Brisbane
17. Re: Xian to Macau

Is $130 Au one way from Xi An to Zhuhai a good airfare price? Or should I wait until July/August?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 157
18. Re: Xian to Macau

If that includes taxes it is a very good price. Normal discount fare is around 1000RMB which is about $Au155.

Xi'an, China
19. Re: Xian to Macau

take train to Zhuhai then take the bus to macau..

Xi'an, China
20. Re: Xian to Macau

you can book the tickets on line and use your credit card