We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian to Macau

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Xian to Macau

Hi everyone, I am planning my September China holiday and would like to know what types of transportation are available from Xian to Macau? Eg..air, bus, train ?? And would appreciate website addresses. Thanks in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
1. Re: Xian to Macau

I think there are direct flights between XIY and MFM (it would be a bit under 3 hours), but it's a lot cheaper to fly into Zhuhai, Shenzhen or Guangzhou, and then catch either ferry (from SZ) or bus direct to the Macau border (ZH or GZ).

Even cheaper is the train to GZ, and then bus to Macau, but that takes around 30 hours.

Brisbane
2. Re: Xian to Macau

Thanks oissan, which airlines fly into Macau international? And into Zhuhai?

beijing
reviews: 5
3. Re: Xian to Macau

As of this writing, nobody flies a nonstop from Xi'an to Macau MFM. Of the rest of the one-connection routings, the absolute only one to consider would be China Eastern MU 2265 XIY-CSX (Changsha) 15:15-16:45 connect to Air Macau NX 75 CSX-MFM 19:35-21:05. This is a considered an international itinerary and can be booked now--it's RMB 1588 incl taxes, with MU in Z booking class and NX in U booking class--a travel agent needs that info to find this fare.

However for both time- and cost-effectiveness, your very best choice is Xi'an - Zhuhai. China Southern CZ 3762 XIY-ZHU 13:50-17:30 which includes a <1 hour stop in Changsha. This is a domestic flight so it can't be booked right now for September. But if you book about 4-6 weeks in advance, can often get Early Bird fare for < RMB 800 including taxes.

Assuming you just want to get from Point A to Point B without interstitial sightseeing, you'd have to be nuts to take a train this distance, even connecting bullets (which would be more expensive than flying).

Edited: 10:02 am, March 02, 2013
beijing
4. Re: Xian to Macau

BTW if you do fly into Zhuhai, your best bet is to get a taxi (not sure if public transport available yet) to the newer Hengqin (Lotus Bridge) crossing. Much less crowded than Gongbei crossing. I heard there is a shuttle bus that takes you from Chinese immigration building over the bridge to Macau immigration, after which you can get a Macau taxi to wherever you want to go. This border crossing lands you in the Cotai area of Macau.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
5. Re: Xian to Macau

Most efficient way right now is taking bullet train to Guangzhou South, where you change City Express to newly opened Zhuhai Station. Gongbei Pass is just next to it. You can get to Macau within one day.

If you prefer flight you need to have a connecting stopover. No direct flight yet. Or you fly into Shenzhen airport where shuttle boat to Macau available.

Edited: 10:38 am, March 02, 2013
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
6. Re: Xian to Macau

The City Express is fast train for just one hour, not bus. Never mistake it, i don't know if there is a formally way to express it. We call it 广珠城轨 (Guang Zhu Cheng Gui) in Chinese.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 169
7. Re: Xian to Macau

Oriental Red, what is the approx train time now from Xi'an to GZ Nan? And the fare?

xi an
reviews: 6
8. Re: Xian to Macau

take the train from xi an to guangzhou .then take bus fron there to marcu

beijing
9. Re: Xian to Macau

Most bullet trains Xi'an North to Guangzhou South takes 8-9 hours. 2nd Class seat is RMB 815, first class seat RMB 1305. Still have to take additional time and cost to get from GZ to Macau. I love the bullet trains, but in this case, I'd be flying and Train would be Plan C. For this distance, 2nd Class seat is too cramped for my taste, I'd rather be cramped for less time on a nice fast flight (even with a connection) rather than pay for 1st Class train seat that takes me twice as long to get to my destination in Macau.

Plane from Xi'an to Shenzhen followed by ferry to Macau is my lesser Plan B than flying to Zhuhai, since once in Zhuhai you can get to Macau on demand, whereas in Shenzhen you'll have to wait for next ferry which might take awhile unless you can get your flight to boat timing right. But I'd rank it above the train option and definitely preferable to Plan D of flying Xi'an-Guangzhou then having to get to Macau from CAN.

Edited: 10:44 pm, March 02, 2013
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
10. Re: Xian to Macau

#7 train to Guangzhou South is like what Kvchina said. The advantage is the Guangzhou South - Zhuhai (next to Gongbei, the rail extended to Gongbei beginning of 2013) is just opened, this is another 1 hr.

Bullet train ride is longer but exciting. People may take it as a leisure relaxing day. Some times seats will not be sold up, you could walk around and find a quiet corner to settle down and enjoy the scenery out of window from temperate to tropic zone.