We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
High Wycombe...
reviews: 4
Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

I have recently returned from an extended trip to the Far East which included a visit to Xi'an. After researching TA, I decided to use Michael Yang as a driver and guide to the sights. He was so good that I have decided to write a review (unsolicited) recommending his services.

Michael was excellent. He met us at the airport and took us straight to the Han Yan Ling where he gave us a detailed tour of the exhibits. His English was excellent and he was very knowledgeable about the tomb. We then checked in to our hotel and he took us to a local restaurant for lunch - which was very tasty - and even managed to get a fork for me (I couldn't get the hang of chopsticks). We ended the day with a visit to the Wild Goose Pagoda.

On the second day we spent most of the time at the Teraccotta Warriors which was magnificent. Michael gave us a comprehensive tour of the site and, again, was very knowledgeable.

Michael's personable and open approach meant we were able to ask him lots of questions about what it was like to live in China, as well as learning more about ancient and recent Chinese history. He was also a very safe driver and helped us negotiate Xi'an safely and easily.

I have no hesitation in recommending Michael as a tour guide in Xi'an. His contact detail is michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn You will be very happy with his services. We shall use him again when we return to Xi'an.

10 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
1. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

mgpie, thank and what where the charges and what was included?

By the way, nearly all restaurants have forks and are willing to provide them. ;-)

High Wycombe...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

I paid 1400 rmb for two days driving/guiding services and this included pick-up and drop-off at the airport. I had contacted other guides and Michael's rate was very competitive, and was in fact, slightly cheaper than some other guides quoted. No tip was expected or given. The rate included Michael's services as a guide and driver. We did not pay extra for the car. We paid for his lunch although he did not expect it. Michael helped make our trip to Xi'an a real success for me and my sister and we thought he gave great value for money.

Xi'an
3. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

That's a great report !Cheap price,very good service.

xi an
reviews: 6
4. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

hello .thanks a lot .

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

Dear Michael

We would like to engage you as our tour guide for our trip in next week 26th Nov to 27 Nov , could you confirm soonest.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

Hi Michael

We are go to Shanghai this weekend, and will heading to XIan on 26th Nov. We would like to enage you as our tour guide, would you confirm soonest can you make it.

Thanks

7. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 21, 2013
Edited: 7:35 am, November 21, 2013

Miami
8. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

We have recently returned from our 3 week tour of China. We hired private guides throughout China in all the places we visited. I can honestly say that the very best guide that we had in all of China was Michael our Xian guide. I cannot say enough good things about him. He is very professional, polite, and courteous, speaks excellent English and has a wealth of knowledge of Xian and its history. I had told him that we only had a day and a half in Xian. He told me not to worry that he would make sure we got to see all the places that we were interested in. He accomplished that and more, he had an excellent sense of timing making it possible to go from one site to another while avoiding the crowds and the traffic. Michael was also our driver and from the moment he picked us up at the airport he wasted no time taking us to our hotel to drop off our bags and right away started our tour. I had done quite a bit of research when looking for our guides and found him to also be very reasonable. The next day Michael drove us back to the airport. We paid him thanked him and said goodbye but he insisted in helping us with the luggage and took us to the check in counter making sure that we had no problems with the language barrier and stayed until he saw us pass security. That is excellent service in my book!! I’m taking my time to make this comment for the benefit of other fellow Trip Advisor members that might be looking for a reliable guide in Xian and also in a way to thank Michael for making our trip to Xian a very memorable one. Thank You Michael!!

Canada
9. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

We were at Xian for 4 days in October 2013. Because my brother has some walking difficulties, so we decided to hire a tour guide and a private van. I did some research on TA and decided to employ Michael Yang's service. He is reliable and knows Xian inside out. Everything went smoothly and we have a wonderful time. I would recommed him to anyone who would like a Xian tour guide. His email address is michaelylw@sina.com.

Mission Viejo...
reviews: 94
10. Re: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an

We lived in China and we had company visiting us on October 2013 we hired Michael and it was a great

I personally coordinated everything in advance with Michael and explained what we wanted to do we had a total of 4 days so we visited the terracota warriors and the conservation research Center outside Xian to visit the Pandas, it was a great experience.

Michael was great explain us and tell us a lot of good information about China and history old and not that old, he speaks very good english and was very flexible and always on time.

Thank you Michael you made our visit and the visit of our friends Doris and Rob very memorable .

Reply to: Michael Yang: Tour Guide in Xi'an
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted