We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 72
Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

We have a short time in Xian and would like to see the Warriors then the Big Goose Pagoda then fountain show it will be a Saturday so we have many choices of time for this. I know there is a bus to Warriors but not sure how to get to Big Goose, should we get a taxi from warriors straight to Big Goose or would it make more sense to hire a driver for the day to take us to Warriors then Big Good and fountain show then back to hotel. Which is the cheaper option.

9 replies to this topic
Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Hello:

The most cheapest way you can do both in one day , you can take Public bus 306( 7rmb) travel to the terra-cotta warriors museum, then you come back to the city again by the same bus, you can use taxi( 15 rmb)to drive to the Big wid goose pagoda and the water fountain show.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Thank you that sounds the cheapest option. Will the hotel be able to write out my destination (Big Wild Goose Pagada) for me to show the taxi driver.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

To BWGP by taxi for no more than 20 rmb when backing from TWs on public bus. Just be aware the city traffic is bad. Jam will waste a lot of time here.

Xi'an, China
4. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Hello:

What local people call big wild goose pagoda is 大雁塔. You can show this to the taxi driver from the taxi stop right located opposite to the exit of the train satiation where you can find all ligal parking lot .

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Is it easy to get a taxi back after the water fountain show (staying at Soiftel) what is the subway like.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
6. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

No subway nearby, after the show it is really hard to grab a taxi there. Better to leave there before the show ending or i am afraid you need to walk outwards quite a lot to try luck.

Xi'an, China
7. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Hello:

This is not busy time for the water founatin show due to the cold weather outside, it is not very hard to call a taxi when the show ends.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Miami
reviews: 17
8. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

I'll be staying at Xian Titan Times Hotel in November and would like to go to the Big Goose Pagoda and the fountain show. What would be the best way to get there? Taxi? and how much would it cost? At what time is the show?

Xi'an, China
9. Re: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car

Hello:

Subway is the most fast and efficient way to the water fountain show and wild goose pagoda. From your hotel ( 玉祥门 YUXIANGMEN) use the metro line 1 to the Beida jie( 北大街)where you can change to the Metro line 2 from the Beidajie to xiaozhai( 小寨)where you can walk to the big wild goose pagoda water fountain only 10-15 minutes ( the night show will start at 9:00p.m). The two metro line will be closed at 10:50p.m.

Hope this can help you.

xianhistorytourguide

Reply to: Bus/Taxi/Driver & Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted