We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Australia
reviews: 4
Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

It was an absolute pleasure to have Bryan Bai as our guide during our short stay in Xian. It was more like being shown around town by an old friend. We found Bryan to be both informative and interesting with a good sense of humour. We learnt so much about the Terracotta Warriors and Xian in general. He took us to a local noodle restaurant where we had a fantastic lunch and were mesmerised by the skill of the noodle maker as he stretched and whirled the pastry with his hands and eventual transformed it into long thin noodles. Bryan also organised our airport / hotel transfers which were efficiently carried out by his driver, Mr Li who always remained calm as he skilfully manoeuvred through the seemingly chaotic traffic.

Thanks to Bryan and his driver, our time in Xian was one of the highlights of our trip.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

Hello:

Thanks a lot.

bryanbai

New York City, New...
reviews: 65
2. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

Bryan Bai was our truly fabulous guide in Xi 'An, China.

I connected with him via TripAdvisor after reading some very positive posts about him.

I was traveling with my husband, our 24-year old daughter and 14-year old son and it was our first visit to China. Bryan arranged for our transportation to and from the airport to our hotel (The Shangri La, very nice) and set up a comprehensive program for us to visit the Terracotta Warriors, a bicycle ride on the Xi'An City Wall and a tour of the Tomb of Emperor Jingdi. Bryan had many more suggestions to add to our itinerary but because of limited time (one day) he helped us pick out the highlights.

The van was very comfortable and offered air conditioning. The city streets are chock-full of traffic and there is constant honking, but our driver did a great job keeping us safe. Bryan was always on time, spoke very good English and was very knowledgeable about Xi'An and its history.

He readily suggested restaurants and we especially enjoyed the traditional restaurant at the Terracotta Warriors museum. You must make reservations ahead of time for this and Bryan will help you do this.

He helped us steer clear of unsolicited street vendors and he did not make any suggestions for shopping, something I think we requested of him. We were not there to shop, only to see the sights.

We paid a flat fee to Bryan for his services, the van and driver. Museum entrance and bicycle rentals were paid separately in cash by us, which I thought was a very fair arrangement.

We will definitely call upon Bryan when next in Xi 'An and wish him all the best.

Marie, Doug, Olivia and Will

Xi'an
3. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

Yes,Breyanbai is helpfule on tripadvisor forum.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

Hello:

Thank you so much.

best

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

XIAN is a must visit place on any visit to China and having Bryan as your tour guide will help you get the most from your visit. Here is a message of thanks I sent to Bryan earlier today.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for being our tour guide when we visited XIAN. My son and I had a marvelous time visiting the Terracotta Warriors, History Museum and other places along the way.Your indepth knowledge of local history, excellent English and the professional driver you organised made the trip an educational and enjoyable one. I also appreciate the extra effort you made to help us with transport to the opera and that we arrived back at our hotel safely at the end of the day. XIAN is a truly interesting and beautiful part of China.

Kind regards,

Michael and Daniel (Perth, Australia)

6. Re: Our Guide in Xian - Bryan Bai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 20, 2014