We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 76
Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

The flight is still new. Has anyone tried it yet? I would appreciate your feedback.

As Air Asia flight takes off from Don Muang Airport at 9:30 am, it means I have to stay at Don Muang airport hotel to beat the early morning traffic. Any good suggestion here, please.

beijing
reviews: 5
1. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

When I had a morning flight out of Don Muang when it was the main airport, I used to like the Miracle Grand (Convention Hotel). Close enough to be a short taxi ride (10-15 min), far enough out of the flight path so you get some sleep. Should be able to get some decent deals now.

Have no idea about the Air Asia flight. Report back after you take it, you'll be our guinea pig. :-)) IIRC, Thai Airways used to have this route a few years ago but abandoned it. It would be a very useful nonstop, but not sure how financially viable it will be for Air Asia.

Edited: 8:58 pm, December 19, 2012
Singapore
2. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Thank you KVChina. I will check out Miracle Grand Hotel.

I am toying with the idea of traveling to Xi'an by Air Asia flight. I suspect the traffic would not be very heavy and that might be the reason why Thai Airways gave up the route on ground of viability. We may soon see Air Asia canceling the flight too. I better try it early. Mar 2012 may be.

Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 21
3. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

I suggest you put up a night in Bkk. Tune hotel in Bkk is very cheap. About 399 to 499 Thai bht per night. It is in downtown Bankok.

beijing
reviews: 5
4. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Actually, I think Thai had the Zhengzhou-Bangkok route and it was Bangkok Airways that had that Xi'an-BKK flight maybe in the mid-2000's. Low passenger numbers so PG scrapped it, hasn't run in a few years now. Problem is that tourist numbers would only be sufficient at a few times of year (esp Chinese and Thai major holidays), and it's not a business traveller-heavy route at all. You should give it a try--the all-in prices Air Asia has are quite good. From Thailand to north China and vv is normally a surprisingly expensive air fare.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 262
5. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Yes i tried it, no problems at all. I upgraded to better seats. The meal is of course terrible, but promo price is why i flew with them.

Singapore
6. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Hi Whitepointer, did you stay one nite at Bangkok as the flight takes off early in the morning. Rgds.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
7. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

I did not BKK to Xian, but BKK to to Shenzhen many times. I liked it. Service was always friendly and efficient. Booking is a little hassle as you have to go through so many options and pay extra for every bit, but you can get good deals.

It is bad they are now flying to Don Muang. I prefer BKK.

I would stay in town and leave a little earlier rather than moving to a hotel close to the airport for the last night. But of course it depends on your preference.

Asia
reviews: 70
8. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

The most convenient hotel should be the Amari Don Muang. I stayed there recently. Cost me 1,500 Baht a night. Room is the old style & very boring. I ate at the cook-to-order small eatery at Don Muang Railway Station, right opposite the airport. You just can wake up around 6 and walk a hundred meters to the old airport. Save you the headache.

Not sure if you have searched agoda booking website to locate nicer hotels around there. Some offer free airport transfer.

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Air asia has retime to Xian from 9.30am to 4.30pm..i will be staying at Grand Inn Hotel, Sukumvit Bangkok before departed to Xian.

Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 21
10. Re: Has anyone tried Air Asia flight from BKK to Xi'an yet?

Hi vender 9, we will be travelling the same route as you in May. When are you flying? Have you engage with a tour in Xian?