We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 11
Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Just wanted to let you know I had a great one day tour of several Xi'an historical sites with Mr. Bryanbai Chen. I found Bryan on Synotrip (http://www.synotrip.com/bryanbai) and he had numerous glowing reviews from several satisfied clients. You can also find his personal website here: http://www.xianhistorytourguide.com.

I booked Bryan well in advance knowing I would be in Xi'an and need airport transfers to and from the Hilton Xi'an (after hearing horror stories about taxi touts), as well as needing to get to out of the way sights like Hanyangling (Tomb of Emperor Jingdi). Bryan was extremely responsive via email, and after a couple back and forth messages about itinerary, we settled on a price suitable for both of us.

We hit Hanyangling on the way from the airport, then headed to the impressive Shaanxi Provincial Museum and scenic Big Wild Goose Pagoda. From the minute we were in the private van driven by Mr. Li, Bryan had so much useful knowledge to convey about the history of Shaanxi province, Xi'an, and China. Not only was he a wealth of information, Bryan was fun and easygoing, happy to linger for extra photos or move on past another set of artifacts. We even went to a local noodle shop for lunch to experience how real people eat in Xi'an. If I had the funds, I would have also hired Bryan to guide me at the Terracotta Warriors, but I was able to manage to make it there and back on the #306 bus plus read the explanatory signage.

Driver Li was there right on time at 5:15 AM to take me from the Hilton back to XIY Airport. I highly recommend Bryan's services for transfers and a knowledgeable and friendly guide.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Hello Tom:

I also learn more from you. It is pleasure.

bryanbai

Xi'an
2. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Yes,he dose very well ! He is active on the forums and field so Xi'an tourism.

3. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, December 11, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 117
4. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

I contacted Bryan as I saw his contact on the TripAdvisor forum. He arranged a car, driver and English-speaking guide for our group (5 of us), including 2-way airport transfers, and 2-day itinerary in Xi'An that we tailored ourselves at a very reasonable price. The driver was always punctual, and the transportation makes everything a breeze. I would recommend such reliable service to anyone who's interesting in booking a tour/guide to travel around in Xi'an.

Singapore
reviews: 58
5. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Hello, Nemrac_coco, which airline did you travel by? How do you fly to Xi'an from Singapore? Could you please share your arrangement. Thanks.

California
6. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

We used Bryan and his driver recently and were extremely happy with the experience. He was very personable and professional. He has a real interest in history and enthusiasm for the subject. His driver picked us up late at night at the airport (our flight was late) and took us back early in the morning right on time. Driver handed us a cell phone when he picked us up and Bryan was on the line confirming arrangements. Our email correspondence with Bryan was always very prompt which was very much appreciated. We told him we were going to try to get an earlier flight when we changed planes and he said, "no problem, just call". (fyi use the "+" sign followed by the country code, 86, when using your cell phone in China) The tours were exactly as we had requested and he took us to a great lunch which my son is still talking about! He also has a great sense of humor.

Bangkok, Krung...
7. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

We are from Thailand and we used service from Mr Bryanbaichen and his driver for Xian Trip on Feb 20-24,13 for my family (2 adults and 2 kids).

We would like to said "Thank you very much for your good hospitality in Xi'an. And gave me a lot of knowledge and more information about Chinese history, culture and society"

One thing that we very appreciate in his service that he not take us to souvenir shop but in same time he alway help me recommended

and gave more information about place to go for local shopping and how to go; such as Metro, Taxi.

We are very great time with him.

London, United...
reviews: 42
8. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

Bryan was an EXCELLENT tour guide.

We only had booked him for one day, but we managed so much! We went to the warriors, big goose pagoda and cycled 14k around the Xian wall.

He was constantly explaining things and his history knowledge and command of English was excellent. We really don't think we'd have enjoyed ourselves, or have experienced so much with any other guide. Not only was he explaining the places of interest we went to, but also about daily life in Xian and China.

At the warriors he took us to a local noodle place, which was past the busy strip. It had fantastic dishes (order a small bowl of noodles - they're still huge!) We'd never have found this if we hadn't been taken there, or knew about it otherwise!

Bryan was a great guide, even offering us to call him, should we need any further help whilst we were in China.

Thoroughly recommended . Book early to avoid disappointment!

9. Re: Another positive review for Bryanbai Chen, Xi'an Tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2014