We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terra cotta warriors

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisiana
Terra cotta warriors

We are planning on taking a cruise which includes China and Japan. The cruise company offers an excursion to Xian; however, it is pricey. I have wanted to see the warriors for some time; however, I have read much that it was a disappointment. Comments, please.

Thx,yo

Magog, Canada
reviews: 456
1. Re: Terra cotta warriors

To go all the way to Xi'An is a bit of a waste in my opinion if you only want to see the Warriors. If you stay two days to see the rest then it makes sense. There are better places to see in China such as Beijing. Hopefully your cruise will take you there even though Beijing is inland. If you go to Beijing and have some free time, you can arrange this trip yourself.

London, United...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Terra cotta warriors

I once visited Terracotta Army. I can give you some advice. If you take train, you can choose to take the train at night and arrive in xian in the morning. And then, take the coach bus at fee of 7RMB at the east of Xian Railway Station to Terracotta Army (admission fee: less 200RMB)which takes you about 40 minutes. There are Huangqing Pool not far away from the Terracotta Army.

If you plan stay Xian for two days, you can visit some other famous attractions.

Shaanxi History Museum is free of Charge and Big Wild Goose Pagoda is about ten-minute walk from the musuem. Bell and Drum tower are very closed.

If you take the plane to Xian, you can take taxi or coach bus at the airport to Xian Railway Station

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
3. Re: Terra cotta warriors

I believe the ships generally stop at Tianjing for a couple of days.

The actual TCW sites may not be as majestic as it looks like on TV/Movie product, because without history background, everything looks just like what shown from its surface, in Xian, you always need a guide to call back the historical scenes.

Edited: 2:30 am, November 20, 2012
Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Terra cotta warriors

Hello:

Usually it takes 2.5-3 hours for you to visit the terra-cotta warriors without in hurry, read more books about the Great Qin and dynasy and army soliders, then you can enjoy this sites well.

there are many ways you choose to travel at this site, you can find one to suit your needs.

Hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

Phoenix Arizona
reviews: 54
5. Re: Terra cotta warriors

This does not sound like a feasible excursion from a cruise. Unless it is your dying wish to see the terra cotta warriors, I would save this for another trip. Xi'an itself is a fascinating city with lots of attrations the warriors being just one. I reallyyyyyyyy enjoyed the warriors and I am glad that I went. I arrived an hour before opening and was virtually alone at the site for the first hour. When the cruise ship groups arrived the place was overrun with thousands of tourists and the appeal was diminished. I also enjoyed several other tombs, mountain hermitages, and the ancient city of Xi'an in my 7 days there which I found was too short. The area is a destination in itself. Enjoy your trip!

Asia
reviews: 53
6. Re: Terra cotta warriors

Grace F,

For the Huangqing Pool, how much is the ticket please? I was in another province in China and they charge over 300 RMB per person which is too much.

Thank you.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
7. Re: Terra cotta warriors

Hello:

the tickets of the Hot spring is 80rmb p.p ( from the December to March), 110 rmb p.p ( from April to Novermber).

But all the winter resorts were burned already when the Tang dynasty died over 1200 years ago.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Asia
reviews: 53
8. Re: Terra cotta warriors

Thank you bryan.

xi an
reviews: 6
9. Re: Terra cotta warriors

the 306 bus at train station only cost 8yuan to terra cotta army one way .you need about 3hours there .and one hour back by same bus .

10. Re: Terra cotta warriors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:36 am, June 11, 2014