We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 21
Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Can anyone suggest where else I can visit besides in Xian city? I suppose 3 days is more than enough to all the attractions in Xian alone. Is Hugou Waterfall a good idea? Anywhere near by Xian that is worth a visit?

Xi'an, China
1. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Huashan Mountain is not far to Xian. just 120km away. Hukou Waterfall a bit far from xian.

Xi'an, China
2. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Hukou waterfall is 7 hours drive from Xian, not so worth the trip.

Recommendation:

One day for Mt. Huashan

One day for Longmen Grottos (by high speed train)

Guilin, China
reviews: 22
3. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Yes, a trip from Xi'an to Datong to see the grottoes is very good choice. Conviniet transportation ensure enough time to visit.And the grottoes in Datong is zmazing

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
4. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Hello:

Or another option for you to take a bullent train to the Longmen stone grotta for one day tour.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Edited: 4:24 am, November 28, 2012
beijing
reviews: 5
5. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Why one week in/around Xi'an? If this is a business visit, then are you trying to fit the sights in on each day, or will you have a free complete day or two? If this is a tourist visit, where are you coming from and heading to after Xi'an? Some places may make more sense to just leave Xi'an and not try to return.

--Huashan, Longmen Grottoes are possibilities to the east.

--Tianshui for Maijishan to the west

--Pingyao and Datong too far for roundtripping, those are best done either coming from Beijing or heading there.

Edited: 11:03 am, November 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
6. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Thanks Bryan.

Kuala Lumpur
7. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

I am flying in and out of Xian. I have been to Datong during my last trip to Beijing. Thanks for your great ideas.

Kuala Lumpur
8. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

What about Zhengzhou and Luoyang by bullet train? Is this a good idea?

xian
9. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

Yes, you can take the bullet train in Xian North Station to another famous ancient capital city Luoyang for Longmen Grottoes, Shaolin Temple and the perhaps the peony culture festival, if you travel there in early May.

Enjoy your tour

10. Re: Planning vacation -One week in Xian in May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2014