We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day trip to Xi'an end of Dec - too cold?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
5 day trip to Xi'an end of Dec - too cold?

I'm planning to visit Xi'an for a week from 26 Dec to 2 Jan - how cold will it be in Xi'an in winter? Will it affect outdoor activities (sightseeing etc) and make the experience less pleasant? thanks!

Magog, Canada
reviews: 456
1. Re: 5 day trip to Xi'an end of Dec - too cold?

Depends on how you can handle the cold. Just dress accordingly and go inside regularly. A week is a long time in Xi'an. I guess you have some business there otherwise you will be bored quickly.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: 5 day trip to Xi'an end of Dec - too cold?

Hello:

5 days are not very long time since you want to enjoy this city through all different aspects. You can visit 2-3 sites one day, slowly travel in this one of the oldest capitals in the world.

As a local, the end of the Dec which is the most coldest time in this city, however the most important historical sites are indoors, no worry about the cold weather if you need take heavy coats with you together. If the sunny days you are luck when you travel in my city, you would not fell very cold since the temperature can reach to 2-5 degrees outdoors.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Edited: 3:32 am, November 17, 2012
3. Re: 5 day trip to Xi'an end of Dec - too cold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 16, 2013