We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 14
Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Hi I am planning to travel from Perth in Western Australia to Xi an. Any advice please on the cheapest way to achieve this by air? I have looked at China Southern flights from Guangzhou to Xi an but that is expensive. Would appreciate any advice

Thanks

J Perth WA

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 169
1. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Where is your entry point into China? How much time to do you have - is it a one-way trip or just a holiday? When are you travelling? If you fly into Beijing I think train would be the best way (overnight so you save on hotels too). If you are flying into HKG or CAN I think flying is a reasonable choice as the train journey is more than 20 hours - but can be done if you have the time!! Be aware that airfares in China come down about 1-2 months out from the date of travel and can often be got at 50% discount.

australia
2. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Thanks Zhuhai

We may travel Perth - KL - Guangzhou - Xian and return or we may travel

Perth - singapore - Xi an and return by air. Which ever is the cheapest. We are limited with time so we need to travel by air for the whole journey. Thanks for the advice regarding the flights coming down in price - that is great information. Thank You

jo

Perth Western Australia

Magog, Canada
reviews: 493
3. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

For international flights check kayak.com then for internal flights check on ctrip.com.

In my opinion, coming all the way from Perth only to see Xi'An is a waste of money.

Xi'an, China
4. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

The best way to Xian from Guangzhou is by air. There are many flights between Guangzhou and Xian. Usually, we can get 40%-50% discounted tickets, around 800RMB. Check the ticket about 1 month ahead and there will be a good deal most of time.

Guilin, China
reviews: 22
5. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Just choose fly from Guangzhou to Xi'an, in my experience, the air fare may be in a comparative better discount than most part. Keep an eye about the price.

australia
6. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Hi

Thank you for that information - very helpful

Tel Aviv, Israel
7. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Hi CTRIP is a great place to look for flights. The prices can change from day to day and usually when you look at their prices it will give you a range of prices for different days. They also do early bird savers which if you book well in advance can also be very price productive. There is a 2 or 3% extra charge for credit cards. I used ctrip for all my internal flights in china. They will basically send you a receipt with your flight #. I was a bit concerned as it didnt look like a e ticket. Its ok as it will have your passport # and when you turn up at the airport they will simply look at your passport # and refer to a list they have. It couldnt be easier. Xian is amazing just for the town itself and and has lots more to offer than just the terracottas. It was one of my favourite cities in China. I was sorry i had only left two days for it. Hopfeully you will have at least four days to give it justice.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Edited: 2:12 am, November 30, 2012
australia
8. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Hi Angie,

Thanks so much for your very helpful advice. Yes, I have looked on the ctrip website and it certainly is much cheaper and very informative. I will be investigating it further - so looking forward to seeing the Terracotta Warriors. Two of the warriors were bought to Australia a number of years ago and since then I have been very keen to see the whole site.

Thanks again

Jo Perth W Aust

Tel Aviv, Israel
9. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

The whole warrior site is amazing. you are in for a treat but do spend some time in the town of xian - its got loads to see especially the moslem quarter. I loved it and it has every fast food restaurant/cafe that has ever graced this planet which is great if you are looking for something familar.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 72
10. Re: Cheapest way to get to Xi an?

Air Asia flies from Perth to Chengdu (Pandas) $230 then you can fly/overnight train to Xian.