We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 13
Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Helo:

Travelling to Xi`an for a day, arriving via flight from Beijing in the morning and flying to Shanghai the next morning, staying overnight in Xi`an. We are primarily coming to see the Terracotta Warriors, but would like to have some time to wander around, see the Muslim area, etc.

Our flight arrives at 10am. Would it be advisable to hire a driver to take us direct from the airport to see the warriors, then go check into our hotel with our luggage, or is that inviting problems with theft or loss of luggage? The thought is this would save some time.

Our other option is to go check-in to our hotel, or at least drop our luggage and then go to the warriors.

Thoughts and best method for this appreciated - thanks!

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
1. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Hello:

You can find a reliable driver will help take to visit the terra-cotta warriors museum first after you land in xian. So that you can save time for sights and avoid the traffics.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

New York City, New...
2. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Would you suggest heading right to the Warriors, or do you think we need to drop our luggage first?

Edited: 11:21 am, October 02, 2012
Xi'an, China
3. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Hello:

Of course, head in the terra-cotta warriors museum first, then you have more time to spend to the real site not the traffics on the road.

enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
4. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

I would leave my luggage in the cab while visiting the warriors--you pay at the end of your trip. You can take a card from the driver or copy down the driver ID number from the card in front of the cab, just in case you get separated. You should also get his cell phone number (obviously better if you have a phone, too, but not essential.)

If you are going to worry about your luggage in the car, though, check into the hotel first. You may also need the help of the concierge to negotiate a fare to the Terracotta Warriors if you don't speak Chinese.

Xi'an, China
5. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Hello:

What I only need to do is find a people you trust, that is easier.

Enjoy you stay in

Xianhistorytourguide

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
6. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

It's not really a question of trust--you need some information in case you have trouble finding each other after the visit, forget something in the cab, etc.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Really helpful info. Thanks. Will hire a driver/ guide based on the recommendations here.

Gateshead, England
reviews: 394
8. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Cherrybomb

If you can find time to get to Xi'an City Wall then do so. It is spectacular. And if you are fit enough, hire a bicycle and ride all the way round it. Be warned though it is about 14 kms all the way but is well worth the effort. It's a beautiful city and the wall is impressive. The warriors museum is also amazing and huge, so expect a bit of walking there too. Enjoy.

London, United...
reviews: 38
9. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

I am a Xian local citizen and once worked in Lintong District for several months so that I think I can give you some suggestions. There are direct coaches to Terracotta Army at the railway station. It takes you about 40 minutes to get there. It takes you about 2 hours to visit the Terracotta Army. and then go back to Xian. In rest time, you can choose to stroll around Bell Tower or visit Shaanxi History Museum (free of charge but need valid passport).

I think one day is enough to visit the main attractions in Xian.

10. Re: Timing for Visit to Terracotta Warriors

Hello,

that is very helpful info, thanks Grace. Just a question please, As i am travelling for the day from Beijing i will be flying in to Xian arriving at 10am and getting the bullet train back to Beijing. What is the quickest way from Xian airport and as the return train is 17:55 what else would you recommend seeing after terracotta army to get the train on time?