We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 17
Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I would like to recommend Brian Bay for local guide of Xian. He has a wonderful knowledge of local history, his english is excellent and he loves his job as a tour guide. To Brian Bay being a guide is a liftestyle. He is dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional. But what makes Brian special is his kindness and helpfulness. He helped us send a parcel from the post office - I doubt we could have done it ourselves, sending a parcel from China to Europe is quite complicated. We had to fill in an address in Xian - and Brian Bay suggested that we used his private address. And so we did - because we knew that we could trust him if anything went wrong.

One more thing that shows Brians helpfullness: We wanted to see the Terracottas and the historic museum on day 1. Day 2 we only needed Brians help to get the tickets to the Tang Show. Or so we thought. Although it was Brians day off, he insisted on guiding us to the show to make sure we were allright. He had ordered the dumbling dinner (very delicious) and made a reservation for good tickets. He also insisted on showing us the muslim mosque and helped us bargain in the bazaar (good for us, not so good for the saleswoman - had we been on our own we would have paid double and believed we did a good bargain...)

At the Terracottas he brought us to a local noodlerestaurant - the meal was delicious. And cheap.

I also want to recommend Brians Bays driver. He is by far the best driver we came across in China. We felt safe every minute. The van/minibus is new and confortable.

We felt sad leaving Xian and Brian Bay - it felt as if we said goodbye to a friend. How many guides do you think of as a friend? Not many.

145 replies to this topic
australia
reviews: 14
81. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Hi

To give accurate contact information for Bryan Bey Tour guide in Xian - here is the website:

www.xianhistorytourguide.com Just in case there is any confusion.

As previously stated, an outstanding tour guide who will enhance your time in Xi'an.

Jo

matadepera, spain
reviews: 1
82. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

We had our Xi’an tour some days ago, and we completely agree with all the positive reviews posted here regarding Bryan Bai.

After reading these reviews we decided to contact him via email to organize our tour in Xi’an. It was a great decision. Everything was easy and prefect from that moment: the e-mail communication before our arrival and the tour arrangement to suit our specific needs, the meeting at hour hotel and, obviously, all the visits (by the way, with no tourist-trap shopping stops and with an excellent, cheap and authentic lunch). We really enjoyed our tour.

You can check Bryan’s web site http://www.xianhistorytourguide.com/ to get more information and contact him.

It was, by far, the best tour we had during our holidays in China. He and his driver are extremely reliable and highly recommended.

Lechlade, United...
83. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

We visited Xi'an in August 2013. I completely agree with all previous reviews. Bryan gave us a wonderful tour of Xi'an, was professional, very friendly and extremely helpful.

As a family with teenage boys we all appreciated Bryan's kind manner and interesting insights into Xi'an. We recommend him very highly.

Simon L

Gloucestershire, UK

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 12
84. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I visited Xian in August, 2013 and after seeing the reviews posted regarding the services og Bryanbaichen, decided to contact him. He was very prompt in responding and fixed up a tentative schedule for me. I was in Xian only for a day so I wanted to see the warriors. His driver Charlie picked me up in the evening and drove me to my hotel and we fixed time for an early start. I managed to see the warriors, cycle on the city wall, visit the goose pagoda and walk through the muslim quarters - i didn't think I would be able to do all these. But Bryan had planned well. I was neither rushed nor tired. He is very knowledgable about the history, the context and most importantly doesn't lead you into tourist traps.the next day early morning, charlie arrived well in time and dropped me to the airport. BTW , the airport is atleast 35 kms from down town, so this was a very welcome service.

I strongly recommend Bryan's services. Slightly pricy but well worth it.

Washington
85. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Agree with FloraDenmark's comments.

Only had a short time in Xi'an. Bryan was able to accommodate my schedule to visit the Terracotta Warrior Museum and the Xi'an Great Mosque. Bryan was professional, very knowledgeable and courteous. His speaking English was also good. Very easy to understand. He provided great insight into the history of Xi'an. Glad that he didn't lead me to so called "tourist traps" where vendors would try to sell me trinkets. Enjoyed the noodles at the restaurant that Bryan took me to. Bryan was also helpful in getting me to my hotel and making sure I get settled in. He also made a recommendation for a good Xi'an restaurant, and even wrote out a suggested meal in Chinese characters for me to present to the waiter.

I would recommend Bryan to anyone who wants to have a knowledgeable, courteous and helpful guide to show them the city of Xi'an. The driver Charlie was also great, safely driving through the sometimes crazy, dense traffic in the city.

WN

USA

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 59
86. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

We used Brian to visit terracotta warriors in September

Brian was a very knowledgeable guide, we arrived at the site of the terracotta warriors early and as a result there were no crowds.

We received plenty of information on the warriors, it was an enjoyable tour. The noodle "restaurant" he brought us to was an experience, the noodles were very tasty and he even managed to track down forks for us.

He also recommended an excellent dumpling restaurant in the Xian Muslim quarter

Shanghai
87. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I wish I'd found this forum sooner. Three of us are flying to Xian tomorrow.

I'd appreciate Brian's contact information and or email address.

thanks,

australia
reviews: 14
88. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

HI

Bryan Bei's website as follows: www.xianhistorytourguide.com I can highly recommend his services, absolutely brilliant.

Regards

Jo Perth W Aust

Melbourne, Australia
89. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Hi

As so many posters have stated before I can only agree with all the positive reviews of Bryan. My wife and I were in Xian for two days late last month and we utilized Bryan's services along with Charlie his driver, for a visit to the Terracotta Warriors, Ban Po archaeological site and the old Xian city wall on one of those two days. I can honestly say that Bryan would have to have been one of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides we had the pleasure of meeting during our time in China. You can contact Bryan via email, cell phone etc and all the details you need are on his website http://www.xianhistorytourguide.com/

cheers

Eddy

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 1
90. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Dear Bryan,

We will be in Xian on the 3rd October and were wondering if you are free to guide us on the 3rd and 4th September. We want to see the terracotta warriors and other places please advise availability and cost.

Thanking you

Reply to: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted